• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Club Nintedo Europe : Premium Mario Playing Cards

L~A

Nintendo just added that item to the European Club Nintendo star catalogue :

BinlH3mIcAAPZqe.png:large

5160-53207a53c7227.png

5160-53207a612d118.png

Know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em!

These super-shiny playing cards, decorated with images of your favourite Mario characters and power-ups, are sure to make any card game special! Pack includes 54 semi-transparent plastic playing cards (52 cards, plus two Jokers). Measures approx. 6 x 9 cm

(Note: Due to the production process, some reflective material may remain on the outer edges of the cards, which may be transferred to hands after prolonged use.)

Price is 3000 stars.

Ooh tempting
Product info:

These super-shiny playing cards, decorated with images of your favourite Mario characters and power-ups, are sure to make any card game special! Pack includes 54 semi-transparent plastic playing cards (52 cards, plus two Jokers). Measures approx. 6 x 9 cm

(Note: Due to the production process, some reflective material may remain on the outer edges of the cards, which may be transferred to hands after prolonged use.)

Semi-transparent plastic playing cards, interesting, eh I'll order =D

Cool, I think that was one of the platinum rewards in NA during a certain year. No idea what the stars to coins conversion would be between EU and NA though so I couldn't say whether it was worth it.

Tales from my ass going around a few days ago was right about a 3000 star item...

Got 300 stars expiring. Might as well get these to keep stars from expiring for another year or so.

Edit:

So out of the Nintendo made playing cards are these high quality or medium (the hanufuda cards were medium...which is still good btw its just Nintenod makes better :p).

bluehat9

:lol, they just switched the box. My plat reward is a red box that says "Platinum Playing Cards" on the outside, cards look to be the same.

Xater

Sadly I don't have much use for normal playing cards, also 3000 stars for that is a bit much.. I did jump at the Hanafuda cards they had a while ago though. Guess I'll keep collecting stars until finally another thing shows up I actually want.

Az987

all good things
That was the NA platinum gift 2 (I think) years ago. They're pretty nice but I never used them, just opened them up to look at.

We got those cards as part of the platinum gifts. I took it out once, instagramed it and put it back. Plus, they have some sorta glitter thing on them which comes off easily if you handle them too much.

I most likely wouldn't play with them, but 3k seems pretty cheap. I might get this later, I think some of my codes are already dying in the next year or so anyway.

Frodo

Thanks, L~A! Just ordered a deck!

Will probably complete a few surveys to get more stars and order another. :)

Garcian

I have enough for these, but I have the (probably vain) hope that the Super Mario 3D World OST will appear someday.

L~A

Ordered one set... looks like Nintendo really want to make sure I don't stay above the 5k stars line too long, ha ha.

Measurements are probably 58mm*89mm, most the cards on here are that

Are they NAP600, 800 or 1000 quality though? In terms of pricing though I'd hope for 1000 and the glitter to add 50% are the medium Hanufuda cards are around 1500Yen and those were less stars.

Ordered one set... looks like Nintendo really want to make sure I don't stay above the 5k stars line too long, ha ha.
That is the point, they don't want to have to supply any Zelda statures, Nintendog kennels or one of 300 GBA SP bundles to facillitate people having more than that...

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'll pass. Not planning to play with the cards, and I'd rather have the more traditional Hanafuda set (put them back up please).

Still sitting on 9700 stars. Would've grabbed the Pikmin plushies but missed out. I'd really love a different new Game & Watch game. Ball just doesn't cut it. Prefer Donkey Kong Jr, Octopus, Parachute, Turtle Bridge.

HaNks

Banned
they look nice but i'm sitting on 5000 or so and waiting on somethiing better. better as in comparable to the mario kart statue i spent my last batch of stars on. hopefully something cool pops up when MK8 hits. no hurry though.

JaseMath

Three THOUSAND stars?
KuGsj.gif

That's honestly around $2500 of Nintendo product for a set of cards...
US point scale

EDIT: Beaten

javac

Three THOUSAND stars?
KuGsj.gif

That's honestly around $2000 of Nintendo product for a set of cards.

In the UK you get 250 stars per game and about 1000 or so for a 3DS and Wii U each. It's different in the UK.

Edit: 750 for 3DS and 1000 for a Wii U.

Frodo

Three THOUSAND stars?
KuGsj.gif

That's honestly around $2500 of Nintendo product for a set of cards.

Around 12 retail games. That you could have bought for cheap at discounted prices. So there is not really a way to determine how much you need to spend before being able to get those.

Also, you can get extra Stars by answering surveys, and those come for free.
Not to mention that sometimes, when you buy games on the eShop (3DS at least) they give you double the amount of stars. But yeah... Nothing from the Nintendo Club comes for cheap. :)

L~A

Around 12 retail games. That you could have bought for cheap at discounted prices. So there is not really a way to determine how much you need to spend before being able to get those.

Also, you can get extra Stars by answering surveys, and those come for free.
Not to mention that sometimes, when you buy games on the eShop (3DS at least) they give you double the amount of stars. But yeah... Nothing from the Nintendo Club comes for cheap. :)

It's not just "sometimes", it's all retail games bought digitally that net you 500 stars (250 bonus stars).

Hm, nice but could they please release more OSTs in Europe?

Heh, more? There only was one soundtrack there (the Mario one). Meanwhile, in Japan.... :(

Frodo

It's not just "sometimes", it's all retail games bought digitally that net you 500 stars (250 bonus stars).

Is it?! Never knew that! I only said sometimes because on the 3DS eShop you get the '★ x 2' sign on the corner!

Is it?! Never knew that! I only said sometimes because on the 3DS eShop you get the '★ x 2' sign on the corner!
I assumed it only applied to first party games; not third party ones (hard to remember that these mostly come with points these days).

JoeM86

I am tempted, and my stars are set to start expiring next month.

I'm just concerned I'll never use them and that something awesome will suddenly appear.

L~A

Yup, all retail games apply, even those that don't have the x2 sign on the eShop. I got the bonus for downloading Senran Kagura, for example.

So basically, that means those cards are only worth 6 retail games on the eShop :)

I wish they also had that double-stars thing going on for Wii U games, too.

Top Bottom