• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hello Games has pulled out of plans to show No Man Sky's VR Demo at GDC

Cyberia

m2KXqxf.png

https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/446408671795609600

Probably a good thing to have more time to get more settled. Hope to see more of their new game soon. There is no rush Hello Gamss.

hawk2025

Kinda safe to assume that Sony will shower them with whatever resources they need to make this compatible with Morpheus, right?

ReaperXL7

Could be interesting if MS secured the game for their VR solution. I do kind of wish they would just tell us what platforms they are targeting.

ReaperXL7

Who would that benefit and if MS VR even exist I imagine it only does in sketches and drawings at this moment.

Grimløck;105071231 said:
what vr solution?

I was under the impression that those Fortaleza glasses people keep bringing up were going to be part of MS VR plans? I have seen people bring it up in the Morpheus threads.

It's just speculation, I only own a PS4 so it's not like I actually want MS to push it as exclusive or anything. I'm preparing myself for the worst, but hoping for thebest.

GobFather

Who would that benefit and if MS VR even exist I imagine it only does in sketches and drawings at this moment.

MS vr from the rumored leak says "glasses" it doesn't look like a goggle style like OR or Sony's VR. Looks more like a 3D glass, but of course it's just a random drawing lol

Chobel

I was under the impression that those Fortaleza glasses people keep bringing up were going to be part of MS VR plans? I have seen people bring it up in the Morpheus threads.

It's just speculation, I only own a PS4 so it's not like I actually want MS to push it as exclusive or anything. I'm preparing myself for the worst, but hoping for thebest.

Fortaleza are AR. But it's rumored that MS are also working in their VR device.

Chobel

OT: I remembered this tweet from Phil Spencer in which he hints (confirms?) that NMS is coming to Xbone.

wJidCyB.png

iceatcs

So basically pretty likely for PC and PS4 VR.

I could see that because it like almost made for VR.

RoKKeR

So it's either MS own VR or OR coming to xbox1? o.o actually ... maybe it can still come without VR?
Slow down there pal, getting way ahead of yourself.

- No platforms for NMS have been announced

- It is not a VR exclusive game (as far as we know) though this tweet suggests that it may support it

- Oculus Rift is not coming to Xbox (unless something crazy happens and they flop on their previous statements about consoles)

- Nobody knows what MS has in the pipe for VR, only speculation/rumors

MS vr from the rumored leak says "glasses" it doesn't look like a goggle style like OR or Sony's VR. Looks more like a 3D glass, but of course it's just a random drawing lol

Yeah I know about their fortazela AR thingy but thought he meant a new real VR solution.

The ambition of this x the size of team = worry

Just hope they are not getting over their heads. I say don't worry about VR and just get the main game out there. Make money off that, enhance it with DLC, make the VR version if you want.

Not everything at once though. But hey more power to ya if you can pull it off

The MS tweets specific tweets could work with Sony as well
Shahid was hyping up NMS before its announcement

He recently tweeted that indie devs have the Sony VR... He is in talks with them too

In reality though they likely mean OR

and this game is coming to all platforms which I believe is the best method

Oh man I'd love to see a space sim renaissance with the introduction of VR. It's the perfect genre for VR since it doesn't require a lot of interaction with an "outside" environment - you spend most of the time in your spaceship bubble and don't have to worry about stuff like collision and putting your hands through a wall.

Didn't really know anything about the game so just watched a trailer on youtube and goddamn, I'd totally be down for playing that with some VR headset. Oculus Rift, Morpheus, Fortaleza whatever, come home after a tough day and just slip on that headset and swim around an ocean reef to wind down.

Not that interested in VR for all-purpose gaming but I'd love it for underwater sims or space exploration, nice and relaxing shit like that. Obviously works for horror games too but fuck that, I'm a total wuss.

Top Bottom