• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Two Tribes confirms Swords & Soldiers HD for Wii U eShop, due in April

website_sns-373x246.png

http://twotribes.com/message/first-swords-soldiers-for-wii-u

Yep, they teased the 4th classic, the timing was right and they worked on the game before for iOS, everyone guessed right, and they announced it! :D

Excite! :D

Penguin

Seems like April will be dry for retail releases, but some interesting digital games.

Wonder if will offer a Wii to WiiU upgrade discount

Tripon

Seems like April will be dry for retail releases, but some interesting digital games.

Wonder if will offer a Wii to WiiU upgrade discount

Actually, April is pretty crowded since Nintendo is doing a big VC push. I know I'm picking up Advanced Wars, and Wario Ware to play. I'll look into this though.

Never played the original but it sounds and looks cool so I'll get this one.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up delayed until May though (because of bug checks and such).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hate Hero of Legend speed in posting Wii U news! :p
I'm totally in for this, especially at the right launch price

Yeah, they said before they were announcing it on the 3rd. I knew it was odd it was announced yesterday out of the blue.

GoNintendo saved the entire post luckily:

Swords & Soldiers was fellow Dutch developer Ronimo Games’ debut Wii game. It became one of the early indie classics on the system and stands the test of time extremely well.

We’ve teamed up and upgraded it so it feels right at home on Wii U! It’s still as fun as ever, but now also makes use of the Wii U GamePad and HD capabilities of the system.

Without further ado, here’s what we’ll be offering.

The classic Swords & Soldiers experience.
Playable with custom touch scheme on gamepad.
Playable with Wii remote on TV.
Multiplayer mode combining gamepad and TV.
High res HD graphics compared to SD Wii release.
Expected release end of April 2014.
Low TBA introduction price.
The game is currently undergoing localization and final bug testing, we will update this story when we know the final release date.

They were the ones to post it first! :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Day one.

I remember being interested in the original WiiWare game, but ended up never picking it up. Now that there's a sequel coming, I have no excuse anymore.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
for those who played the game on the Wii:

how are you imagining the touch screen control scheme (that presumibly will be the same on the sequel)?

So Two Tribes have been elaborating on the Wii U version, and it seems the following:

1) It is indeed based on their iOS version, rather than the Wii or PS3 versions.

2) No online multiplayer or DLC, but the latter isn't ruled out if it does well enough (but on par with the other classics isn't enough, so it needs to be head of that sales curve do warrant it)

3) No Pro Controller at the moment, but as the PS3 version had traditional controls, maybe they'll reconsider? They asked why would you want it? :p

4) 720p and 60fps. Not sure if the PS3 version was 720p or 1080p.

5) Looks like multiplayer is on each screen.

6) As the updated article shows, it's planned for April/May, not just April. But it is being submitted to Nintendo next Tuesday.

So while it seems barebones, if they do indeed price it $2 like the other classics, who the hell would complain? The other versions are way more than that. Give me barebones for uber cheap over more content for a higher price IMO.

Exile20

Swords & Soldiers HD is now out on Wii U in both Europe and the Americas on Wii U's eShop for the low price of just $2,99 / €2,99! To celebrate, we present the launch trailer below showing off the new dual screen multi-player mode!

A quick rundown of the features:
•The classic Swords & Soldiers experience.
•Playable with custom touch scheme on Gamepad.
•Playable with Wii remote on TV.
•Multiplayer mode combining GamePad and TV.
•High res HD graphics compared to SD Wii release.
•The ultimate BBQ sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kknex0Na3ek

Top Bottom