• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oddworld New N' Tasty PS4 gameplay

Buzza

Looks great. Reminds me a lot of trine 2. Wish it had 3D support. The 3D in trine 2 is some of the best I've experienced.

Looks lovely. I remember being blown away at the time by the FMV in this game, and I loved how it meshed so neatly with the in-game visuals. Still adore the art style too. The world needs more Oddworld games :)

VanWinkle

Man, that looks fantastic. It looks a little like what I thought a new sidescrolling Donkey Kong Country would have looked like before the colorful cartoony style of DKCR came to be.

oggob

Oddworld has been in the news alot the past few weeks and sadly, none of them have the release date...

I feel like I need some release date closure!

oh the nostalgia.. the game looks great... is there any chance this will come to the xone ??

I don't know if they've joined the ID@Xbone program, but I believe they're in talks with MS to try and make it happen. Although OI kind of hate MS after their treatment of Stranger's Wrath HD, so who knows. It's certainly coming to every other proper platform, although PlayStation first.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Awesome!

They probably made it easier. Original had some hardcore sections.

Hopefully not. Hopefully the only thing that makes it easier is the addition of a quicksave option, and the ability to get multiple mudokons to follow you at once. But then I hope they reworked the level design to make it harder so it balances out. Like Exoddus.

Edit: Shit, didn't mean to double post.

South Park has farts as a game mechanic :p

Never played Oddworld but I remember it being a big deal with my PS1 friends, looks interesting

Gaz_RB

Never played the original (only Oddworld game I've played was Stranger's Wrath, which was an amazing game and completely different than this) but this looks great in both gameplay and graphics. I'll definitely be picking it up.

Dramos

Never played the original (only Oddworld game I've played was Stranger's Wrath, which was an amazing game and completely different than this) but this looks great in both gameplay and graphics. I'll definitely be picking it up.

I heard Stranger's Wrath was a very solid game. I remember seeing a lot of gameplay up on G4 back then.

As for New and Tasty, this was one the most fun games I've played on PS1! The video brings me back to my childhood...

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I heard Stranger's Wrath was a very solid game. I remember seeing a lot of gameplay up on G4 back then.

As for New and Tasty, this was one the most fun games I've played on PS1! The video brings me back to my childhood...

Strangers Wrath was more than solid. I have both the PS3 and Vita versions and I absolutely love it. Probably one of my favourite FPS games ever. So unique.

So this seems as good a place as any to ask but is the strangers wrath vita version good? Or is it choppy and stuff?
Never played any of the oddworld games so this is all new to me

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
anything firm on when its released for PS4 I remember watching E3 I think?? & this was what I was pretty pumped about lol

Looks great

GfZww31.png

Top Bottom