• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halt and Catch Fire - AMC - First Trailer Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first trailer for AMC's new series Halt and Catch Fire aired during The Walking Dead's finale, and I thought it looked pretty cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rpjfl_DeyQ
(Hopefully this isn't region locked like most of AMC's stuff)

AMC hasn't had the hottest track record lately, but who knows, maybe this one could turn it around?

Summary from AMC's website:

Halt and Catch Fire is set roughly one year after IBM all but corners the market with the release of its first major product – the IBM PC. In this fictional drama, a former IBM executive, Joe MacMillan (Lee Pace) plans to reverse engineer the flagship product of his former employer and forces his current company, Cardiff Electric, into the personal computer race. MacMillan enlists the help of Gordon Clark (Scoot McNairy), a once great engineer who dreams of creating a revolutionary product while trying to manage his initially unsupportive wife Donna (Kerry Bishé), and Cameron Howe (Mackenzie Davis), a volatile prodigy who puts her future in jeopardy to join MacMillan's rogue PC project. Halt and Catch Fire thrives on the spirit of innovation and explores what it's like to stand at the forefront of something world-changing and work towards it, no matter the risk.

EDIT: Pilot episode is up for free on AMC's website

When I first saw the name of this show, I actually thought "there's no way its after the HCF instruction in those old motorola CPUs". I'm kind of surprised it is.

it's an AMC original series that's not Mad Men or Breaking Bad so i'm worried it will be shit. but trailer looks cool so i'll give it a shot.

that girl reminds me of the chick from This is England.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Very good trailer, I'm definitely down to give this a shot. Like others have said, AMC has a hit or miss record with quality shows. Hopefully this ends up being something that can be said in the same breath as Mad Men or Breaking Bad. Walking Dead is still popular, but it's getting long in the tooth and Mad Men will be gone next year. They need a surefire hit, critically and commercially.

I'm still butthurt about Rubicon being cancelled

Linius

it's an AMC original series that's not Mad Men or Breaking Bad so i'm worried it will be shit. but trailer looks cool so i'll give it a shot.

that girl reminds me of the chick from This is England.

There must be some top tier new drama series at some point :p

And ffs, I hate all these region blocking shit. Even Hola Unblocker can't help me out, video won't play for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom