• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars |OT| Extracurricular Activities

Asharakk

Too bad there ain't a demo on PSN in EU yet, would've loved to try it. I might just import this anyway though since I'm all for a physical copy and the extra lovely pre-order edition is tempting.

So I'm playing the demo, and it's actually not bad. I like the whole positioning system and the regular battle music is pretty awesome in a weird way. I do have to say that getting performance drops is weird on a handheld game; it's very apparent after going through doors but it doesn't last long. It's basically just that one-to-two-second period where everything turns to choppy ass when rotating the camera so far.

I'm curious how much better the vita version looks. The dungeons and models look like a hot mess on 3DS, but it's not a dealbreaker. I'm very interested in actual purchase now.

Thoraxes

From the unboxing video lol

Best code ever.

XnC6eP7.png

Well a friend of mine said she will import a US Vita copy and when she told me that I just went along and said "You know what? Order two..." so I'm getting now earlier I guess, lets see what it brings :p

TWILT

Banned
Hmm...the game comes out before my birthday...

The demo was alright I guess, but ehhhh, nothing really impressive gameplay-wise.

Also, Chloe is best girl followed by Narika.

Vylash

So I'm playing the demo, and it's actually not bad. I like the whole positioning system and the regular battle music is pretty awesome in a weird way. I do have to say that getting performance drops is weird on a handheld game; it's very apparent after going through doors but it doesn't last long. It's basically just that one-to-two-second period where everything turns to choppy ass when rotating the camera so far.

I'm curious how much better the vita version looks. The dungeons and models look like a hot mess on 3DS, but it's not a dealbreaker. I'm very interested in actual purchase now.

It looks much better on the vita

bigkrev

Hey alright, release date for the Monokuma DLC!

I'll probably pre-order this at GS, considering I'll have the credit & gift cards to get it, plus hopefully the OST bonus will be good (PLEASE have the battle theme from the Vita demo & that silly "Congratulations on your new arrival" song), though I probably won't be able to get too deep into it until next month when the college semester is over.

& yeah, as mentioned above, the Vita demo >>>> 3DS demo. Vita one is the actual prologue that fills you in more about the story and the mechanics, plus the graphics, framerate, etc. is just better.

Unboxing video states the congrats on your new arrival song is on the disc :)

Verelios

Coming out right next to Demon Gaze. I'm still getting both, but damn, was this year of the dungeon crawler or what?

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Too bad there ain't a demo on PSN in EU yet, would've loved to try it. I might just import this anyway though since I'm all for a physical copy and the extra lovely pre-order edition is tempting.

Demo is coming to EU! No exact timing, but should be fairly soon.

chrono01

Atlus always does the best unboxing videos.

I'm kind of interested in this one, although I need to decide between the 3DS or Vita version. I currently own a 3DS with plans to purchase a Vita soon, so either one would apply to me. Are there any massive differences between the two and, if so, which would you recommend?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Atlus always does the best unboxing videos.

I'm kind of interested in this one, although I need to decide between the 3DS or Vita version. I currently own a 3DS with plans to purchase a Vita soon, so either one would apply to me. Are there any massive differences between the two and, if so, which would you recommend?
Based on the demos, Vita. The graphics looks brighter (compared to a bit washed out on 3DS), the framerate is better, the wider screen helps make the interface less clustered (especially since the 3DS didn't even put the dungeon map on the bottom screen), & of course Vita has trophy support if that's your thing.

Really, it all boils down to presentation, which Vita wins without a doubt.

chrono01

Based on the demos, Vita. The graphics looks brighter (compared to a bit washed out on 3DS), the framerate is better, the wider screen helps make the interface less clustered (especially since the 3DS didn't even put the dungeon map on the bottom screen), & of course Vita has trophy support if that's your thing.

Really, it all boils down to presentation, which Vita wins without a doubt.
Thanks, Vita version it is!

Playing the demo and it seems like the voice acting so far is better than in the trailers.

Yeah. It's significantly better in game. It's like the Meet the girls videos picked the worst quotes for the voices, but in game they're not bad at all.

I have mine coming on release day. It sounds like you're going to want to max out affection with as many girls as you can due to unlockable star children that you can only get with particular girls.

With that said, I like Narika, Torri and Chloe best so far.

Looking forward to playing next week.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Presentation is the most important aspect of the game. Gotta have some nice slice of lives and a good view of the hometown when exploring dungeons.

Hmm...the game comes out before my birthday...

The demo was alright I guess, but ehhhh, nothing really impressive gameplay-wise.

Also, Chloe is best girl followed by Narika.

I might bite if this ever gets a price drop (yeah, I know, Atlus game with like 2000 copies shipping) but I can't drop 40 on this based on what I played in the demo. The music is very good though (even the corny CONGRATURATIONS song has a certain charm to it)

I played the demo LOL What is up with this game?

Music: "I just wanna make love to you" with a sleazy sounding guy and some girl who you know is gonna be making F1 car sounds any minute. Tits are sown and fade to black.

Cut to the next scene and: Music: "Congraduraaaaations, on yo new alival!!" and a baby help you fight monsters.

W.T.F Japan??

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
What was most surprising to me was when I pre-ordered at Gamestop, the clerk knew that the available platforms were the 3DS and Vita. Nice to see an employee remember such a niche game.

trinest

As an Australian what are my options to get this game?

I assume European/AU release ages away?

I have a AU Vita/PSN account and 3DS. So I assume Region Free wise I can only do retail imported from America?

Is $60ish worth it for this game then?

atlusprime

Atlus PR

I have a AU Vita/PSN account and 3DS. So I assume Region Free wise I can only do retail imported from America?

Digital-only for EU (including Oz). It's not ages away; we're trying to get it out before Summer.

If you go the import route, pretty sure the 3DS is region-locked, so you may want to double check. Also, jesus crap. I looked at the exchange rate. Last time I was in Australia, it was US$1 = AU$ 0.50. (currently AU$0.94) You'd get a bargain! :p

It's 26-40 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (or 40-60 hours if you want to use traditional time units)

It takes 0% of the first game's story. I think there *might* be some inside references to the first one, but from what I've heard from our production team, it's completely stand-alone storywise.

I laughed out loud. Great time unit measurement there.

Foxix Von

Logically I should only pick up this or Demon Gaze given my budget... But damn if it's not hard to pick up both =/

Edit:.... Fine... Pre-ordered...

trinest

If you go the import route, pretty sure the 3DS is region-locked, so you may want to double check. Also, jesus crap. I looked at the exchange rate. Last time I was in Australia, it was US$1 = AU$ 0.50. (currently AU$0.94) You'd get a bargain! :p

I have both a Vita and a 3DS. I can do Vita if its not region locked. Also our $ used to be on parality if not higher for a good few years now before Abbott fucked it up.

Mognet

i normally order my imports from ozgameshop, unfortunately it takes roughly 2 weeks to ship to me

Top Bottom