• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New features for Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on PS4

Santar

Blizzard has let slip some of the improvements of Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition on the PS4.

Your friends have a chance of receiving a "gift" every time you get a legendary drop
The gift is a legendary item of their own that they can open on whichever hero they want to: the stats roll upon opening the gift

You'll be able to send items to your friends

Nemesis System: The monster that kills you can level up, jump into a portal and appear later in a friend's game
If your friend kills it, you get "gifts", if the monster kills them, it keeps getting stronger and jumps to another game randomly chosen from your friend's friend list.

Apprentice mode: if a lower level player pairs up with a higher level player, the system boosts the lower level player's stats so that they can handle the action
You still get the exp and items on both characters (each one appropriate to their base level, slightly boosted for the lower level)

Bonus experience is given for group play

Loot is distributed to the players that have priority by stat
All loot drops for everybody, if someone picks a Dexterity item it goes to the DH, if it's a Strength item it goes to the Barbarian and so on

You get a speed boost for destroying breakables
Massacre bonuses give more experience
Killing enemies with environment gives more experience
Massacres have a chance of dropping a Nephalem Glory globe

Source: Diablofans

I'm not sure if maybe some of these features are also in the pc version though.

Jawmuncher

That's all well and good but I hope they have a plan for transferring saves.
Can't imagine going through the game again just so I can play the Expansion.

Omega

Banned
Apprentice mode: if a lower level player pairs up with a higher level player, the system boosts the lower level player's stats so that they can handle the action
You still get the exp and items on both characters (each one appropriate to their base level, slightly boosted for the lower level)

This just sounds stupid.

That's all well and good but I hope they have a plan for transferring saves.
Can't imagine going through the game again just so I can play the Expansion.

That's already been confirmed

Game director Josh Mosqueira explained "we're still figuring it out" in terms of how the expansion pack will be distributed on PlayStation 4 -- he did not specify whether existing users will receive a discount, or whether Diablo 3 will be required to play it, but reassured players that their characters would make the leap between generations.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11...-transferable?abthid=527d88fef58b64d613000019

ph00p

Banned
This is all exciting news, glad I held off on the expansion on PC, I played the demo on PS3 and it seemed like a fun romp, since Loot 2.0 I've grown more towards the PC version being great, but still I'd rather sit on the couch and play this with my DS4, right now I'm only using D3 as something to do while listening to Podcasts, and I can barely keep myself entertained with the game even that length of time.

Prototype

Still haven't played D3 since the fiasco that was that games original launch, it left a really bad taste in my mouth. Though I will admit that the PS4 version (and all the other fixes up to this point) are really giving me the itch to try it again.

Please. Blizzard don't make me go through story mode to unlock adventure mode at least. I'll die inside (or rush it on Normal).

With how much I've been playing the expansion I actually can't imagine how much I'll play the console version.

Qassim

Sound like some good features - mostly geared primarily towards stuff like local co-op. Which makes sense, it's what the console versions hold over the PC version.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Thanks for posting this OP. These new additions sound good to me. Looking forward to starting a new game as the Crusader class.

Would love for this to be a summer game. My expectation is that they are holding off so they can continue to sell Diablo and RoS for a total of $80 on PC. When they announce the date for this, it would obviously coincide with a price drop on the PC side...or one would think.

Also leads me to believe that a release could follow shortly after the announced date.

Xater

Would love for this to be a summer game. My expectation is that they are holding off so they can continue to sell Diablo and RoS for a total of $80 on PC. When they announce the date for this, it would obviously coincide with a price drop on the PC side...or one would think.

Also leads me to believe that a release could follow shortly after the announced date.

At retail you can get D3 for super cheap already.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Still weird as hell how much more appealing this version is than the PC game.

Changes sound interesting, particularly for people who play with friends who aren't as into the game... but hopefully you can turn those assists off, too.

It sounds like you can play with your friends more often.
Exactly.

It'll be a good day when we finally ditch character levels entirely in co-op games like these. All they do is make it that much harder to group up with friends who have different schedules.

Stupid question time: Is Diablo 3: RoS still completely playable offline, like the PS3 and 360 versions of D3? I'm assuming so, but I'd like to be sure, especially when I see stuff like that Nemesis system, which almost reads as a gimmick to justify an always-online requirement.

Top Bottom