• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GA Gov Dean signs HB958 today ( $25 million tax break for video game developers)

BlMD27LIcAEdloQ.jpg

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2014/04/14/a-second-chance-for-a-food-bank-tax-break/

Deal headed to the Atlanta Food Bank on Monday to sign House Bill 958, a package of tax bills that revives the incentives for food banks along with a range of other breaks that are estimated to cost more than $200 million.

In his veto statement last year, Deal said the breaks hadn’t been vetted by his competitiveness panel. But the veto, one of only a handful of proposals he nixed, came days after he signed other tax break legislation that hadn’t been reviewed by the group.

This time around, the food bank legislation was one of only two proposals that earned the panel’s highest endorsement. The other is an extension of a sales tax break for construction materials for projects deemed to be of “regional significance” that could be used to help the Braves and Falcons save millions as they start construction on new stadiums.

Both are lumped in as part of a broader proposal, House Bill 958, that includes other cuts that didn’t get the same blessing from the competitiveness panel. Among them are a $25 million tax break for video game developers, campaign-friendly back-to-school sales tax holiday and a similar tax-free zone for energy efficient items.

Cool stuff. besides high-rez and i think ccp, any other studios here?

GulAtiCa

As an indie dev living in GA, this will come in handy next year for taxes. (I'd assume I'd qualify, don't know the specifics of the tax break.)

SpartanN92

Banned
Georgia is awesome about tax breaks. That's one of the main reasons Walking Dead is filmed there instead of Kentucky.

Tadale

Deal, not Dean.

I live in Atlanta - I'd love to see more developers come to the city. Hi-Rez is in one of the suburbs, and it's been nice to see some of their ads around town for the Smite launch.

Top Bottom