• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So...did anything ever come out of that Mr. T videogame?

Richie

A geeky chat with a friend made me recall the announcement of this would-be-masterpiece:

With Prison Break nearing completion, ZootFly today announced it secured the official Mr. T graphic novel license from Mohawk Media.

ZootFly will develop a series of games packed with the trademark over-the-top adrenaline-pumping action of Mr. T.

The games will feature knuckle-whitening action-adventure, furious brawler combat, gravity-defying platforming, and environmental puzzles.

The first game will see Mr. T take on Nazis and their gigantic machines in the varied universe of South American rain forests, lost ancient cities, industrial complexes and contemporary military installations.

Along with Mr. T and other characters from the graphic novel, the game will feature none other than Will Wright. In this universe, Will Wright is not a top-notch game designer but a top-notch American geneticist who was kidnapped and coerced to work on a diabolic plan. Mr. T and Will Wright will join forces to annihilate the Nazis and their hardware.

Platforms include PS3, Xbox360, Wii and PC.

Alas, it's been five years and I haven't played this jewel to inebriated glory, because as far as I know, absolutely nothing else has been said about it since it was announced. Does anyone have any info on this?
Too good for this world, surely.

thumb_mrt.png

TheOGB

Banned
The first game will see Mr. T take on Nazis and their gigantic machines in the varied universe of South American rain forests, lost ancient cities, industrial complexes and contemporary military installations.

Along with Mr. T and other characters from the graphic novel, the game will feature none other than Will Wright. In this universe, Will Wright is not a top-notch game designer but a top-notch American geneticist who was kidnapped and coerced to work on a diabolic plan. Mr. T and Will Wright will join forces to annihilate the Nazis and their hardware.

Platforms include PS3, Xbox360, Wii and PC.
What?!

I thought this was gonna be about a SNES game or something

Richie

But seriously, it just vanished! Kinda like that alleged Bob Ross Wii game.

Oh hey, that was another one I was keeping an eye on...There was so much unexplored potential in motion controls, let alone now that technology is there to make them more refined....But I disgress.

The first chapter had something to do with his mother. The scenario was too long and the devs ran out of time.

Aw man. Do they still have the license, though?

and yet El Chavo Kart is a thing.

Al cabo que ni quería.

Top Bottom