• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playing House |OT| 2 Friends. 1 Baby. No clue. Tuesdays 10/9c on USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

bannerz1qmz.png

banneru0r7g.jpg

69i4s59.png
Meet(ing :3) Emma & Maggie || Who's in the House? || Racoon Hunting || Real Life Besties || Pilot episode

Childhood best friends Maggie Caruso and Emma Crawford have shared countless adventures growing up together in the charming town of Pinebrook, CT. Now, Maggie and Emma are in store for one of their biggest adventures yet—raising a baby.
When Maggie discovers that her husband is having an online affair with a muscular German woman, Emma gives up her burgeoning business career in China to stay in their hometown and help Maggie raise her baby.
Meanwhile, as Maggie prepares for the birth of her first child
and the fallout of her marriage ending
, Emma must confront the past that she abruptly left behind thirteen years ago. Despite their differences – Emma is brash, bold, and assertive while Maggie is grounded, rational, and safe – the women complement each other the way only best friends can, by facing the challenges of their past, present and future--together.

Lennon Parham as Maggie Caruso
Jessica St. Clair as Emma Crawford

With,
Gerry Bednob
Jane Kaczmarek as Emma's mom, Gwen Crawford
Keegan-Michael Key as local cop Mark Rodriguez
Sandy Martin as Bruce's mom
Brad Morris as Maggie's Husband, Bruce Caruso
Zach Woods as Maggie's little brother, Zach Harper

cast6vibh.jpg

Guest stars,
Andy Daly
John Lutz
Jason Mantzoukas
Ryan McPartlin
Bobby Moynihan
Ian Roberts
Lindsay Sloane
Larry Wilmore

The first season has ten episodes,

April 29th, Pilot
April 29th, Bird Bones
May 6th,
Unfinished Business
May 13th,
Totes Kewl
May 20th,
Drumline
May 27th,
Bosephus and the Catfish
June 3rd,
Spaghetti and Meatballs
June 10th,
37 Weeks
June 17th,
Let's Have a Baby
June 17th,
Bugs in Your Eyes

Official site
Tumblr
Twitter
Youtube channel (lots of other promos)

Starts tonight with a two episode,
Episode 1: Pilot (currently available on the USA website)
When mother-to-be Maggie asks career-driven Emma to return home from her job overseas to attend her baby shower, neither of them have any idea about what's truly in store.

Episode 2: Bird Bones
Emma and Maggie go to brunch with Mark's wife. Mark takes a look into the theft of a garden gnome.

Womp it up!

megadarve

Neo Member
Are they putting a single Wompler reference in each episode?

I noticed the "Tornado" codeword from episode 1 (right after I re-listened to the Christmas Womptacular lol), and there was "MovingOn.org" in the last, but I didn't really pick anything up for episode 2 D:

TripOpt55

I just caught up on this show this week. The two leads are so funny together. Just the way they talk and how they have inside jokes (just them saying "Body be banging" makes me laugh every time). Very fun show.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Are they putting a single Wompler reference in each episode?

I noticed the "Tornado" codeword from episode 1 (right after I re-listened to the Christmas Womptacular lol), and there was "MovingOn.org" in the last, but I didn't really pick anything up for episode 2 D:

The secret is that Wompler is not really a character but just Jessica St. Claire amplified 10x. :D

Clevinger

IMO, the second season wasn't as great as the first but it was still a really fun show. I think I'm like one of ten people on earth who watch this show, so I assume it'll get canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom