• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dillon rolls his way into Smash Bros.! (as an Assist Trophy)

zroid

Banned
Pic of the day. We didn't introduce ALL of the Assist Trophies in the Smash Bros. Direct. Here's Dillon from Dillon's Rolling Western!! He may rival Sonic in the art of rolling.

zlCfzR4FdkMRCBYLfx

Pic of the day. This is his trophy. He may be an animal, and his buckles are definitely on the adorable side, but there's no denying he looks cool!! His Assist Trophy can even do things like a quick charge.

zlCfzR4FdwUh-W-G8v

(Lock if unnecessary, etc. Some people were hoping he'd be playable, so.... yeah)

It's that one dude from the streetpass puzzle

I should probably get around to playing his game. Though tower defense sort of turns me off.

It's good that Sakurai is including more recent characters from smaller games

Here's hoping Mallow shows up!

Seems like Sakurai's broken some hearts. What's so great about Dillion? Well, aside from looking like one of the Skylanders, I mean.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Which one is worth checking out, the first or 2nd game?

I for one like the design/inclusion, didn't see that comin.

based on the design alone, he should'be been playable.

Wii Fit Trainer is a playable character with a completely different alt skin. Let that sink in

zroid

Banned
I really hope Nintendo does more with this franchise, have you looked at the designs?

They're -made- for Smash movesets. I'd buy a fighting Dillon's game in a heartbeat.

Wow those are some pretty cool designs. I never played the game because people told me it's not lefty-friendly, but I guess I managed Kid Icarus alright, so it might be doable...

I wonder if this decreases or increases Mallo's chances of being an assist trophy too. Speaking of which I still have to finish Crashmo.

L Thammy

With Sonic as the game's resident roller, this makes sense. This and Ashley show that Sakurai is trying to please the fans at any rate.

Wow those are some pretty cool designs. I never played the game because people told me it's not lefty-friendly, but I guess I managed Kid Icarus alright, so it might be doable...

I think the game would be pretty annoying to play with your left hand. You roll by sliding along the touch screen. Since your walking speed is ass, you have to roll constantly. Even though I'm right-handed for video games, I feel like the game would have been more comfortable with a second stick.

(Speaking based on the first game.)

Richie

Not a lefty myself, but the sequel has a lefty mode IIRC so you may feel more at home then!

is there a harmanoknight assist trophy yet

Considering that Game Freak's last non-Pokémon endeavor, Drill Drozer, was featured in Brawl, I think there's a good chance of this happening.

Blues1990

I'm really happy that Sakurai & his team are including characters from more recent Nintendo I.P.'s in some capacity, and Dillon is a fine addition in every respect. It makes me wonder if there's going to be a character that will represent the Nintendo GBA, DS, & 3DS, though.

Finally, Dillon can be a character (how ever small of one) in a good game.

His design is too good to be wasted on the two Rolling Western games.

MisterHero

gunsmoke17jiq.jpg

I thought Dillon was gonna be Sonic's replacement until the latter was revealed.

His SSB model looks great.

CO_Andy

Sonic's character model doesn't look quite as detailed as Dillon :/

Nintendy should just make him an alt for Sonic, like Falco to Fox or Ganondorf to Falcon.

Salsa

dude dillon's design is so good

the games are good but not great. I hope they still push him and nail it with a really good game so becomes a household name. The design is too gooooooood

Top Bottom