• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gotham - First trailer for Fox's new Commissioner Gordon show

Status
Not open for further replies.
EW: 'Gotham': Fox's first trailer revealed

Below is EW’s exclusive 45-second trailer for the Batman prequel series that’s running tonight during 24: Live Another Day. You’ll get your first close look the Gotham skyline (modern, familiar, yet not too close to any one American city), glimpses of the murder of Bruce Wayne’s parents, a couple shots of Det. Jim Gordon in action (Ben McKenzie), and bits showing a young The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, with umbrella!), Catwoman (Camren Bicondova, on gargoyle perch), The Riddler (Cory Michael Smith, looking creepily sly as a Gotham P.D. forensic tech) and Poison Ivy (taking care of a plant, naturally).

The series will air this Fall and it was just picked up to series.

EDIT:

- Extended trailer is up (~2:00 version, youtube)

Salsa

tumblr_inline_mjruolmRB11qz4rgp.gif

Salsa

yeah I really didnt like that "BEFORE THIS" angle but I guess it's the easiest way to convey it

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Holy shit that looked horrendous, the dialogue, the delivery, was not expecting that.

adj_noun

"SQUEEEEAAAAAAAA" -- Bruce Wayne

I wonder how they're gonna stick Joker into this.

I hope he's not the creepy kid under the bleachers.

faridmon

The premise sound bloody fucking amazing. I am not gonna spoil myself and watch the previw, but Batman origin story is bloody enticing.

Damn it, Cornballer. I wanted to post it.

Lol, that was... not a very good trailer. What a terrible line to end it on. I'm still excited. They have a great cast and great potential, but that is not a great trailer.

So everybody is going to know each other from the time they were all children?

Because that doesn't stretch things to the point of absurdity at all.

My new secret hope is that they're all blood relatives.

And that Bruce's parents were put down as part of some crazy life-long revenge plot by some vigilante that uses guns to strike fear into the hearts of his enemies.

Salsa

I wish the CW did something more interesting with these properties

everything just feels like Smallville

RPGCrazied

Why couldn't they just make a live action Batman TV show? Is it a budget issue? That would be more appealing, at least to me anyways.

jett

D-Member
That gave me a total feeling of whatever. Only way I watch it is if it gets universal praise like Arrow.

Effect

Arrow did it in 2.

I finally googled KGBeast. I did not realize he was actually a DC comics character. I thought he was perhaps just made for Arrow. I should have known better.

As for Gotham. It has the first few episodes to grab me. I however fear for the show's life given that it's on Fox even if this turns out well for day one. They kill off shows quick and never allow them to find their footing or grow an audience. It's either a hit out of the gate or it's dead a few weeks later even if it was slotted for a certain number of episodes I believe. I really wish they had the gone with a different network for this show.

Salsa

That gave me a total feeling of whatever. Only way I watch it is if it gets universal praise like Arrow.

Arrow got universal praise and I tried it but jesus christ no one can act

it's depressing

I hear it gets better but I dont know how you guys have the gut to see through that shit. main actor is a cardboard box

Won

I will just assume they have some amazing ideas to make this work, because the core premise sounds incredible dumb.

And Oldman made it hard for me to accept anyone else in the Gordon role.

From io9:

ALFRED: Oi! Master Bruce! Stop playing silly buggers! Get your bloody arse down off there!

• One more line for the road from Gordon's fiancée:

BARBARA (blithely): Jim, you are the cleverest, bravest, goodest man in Gotham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom