• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nexon to Publish Human Element - F2P Survival MMOFPS ( PS4/XBO/PC)

This game was revealed back in 2012 on Game Informer. PC version is slated for 2015, Consoles don't have release date yet.

PR said:
TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games, today announced that it has secured worldwide publishing rights for Human Element, an open-world first-person survival title developed by Nexon’s strategic partner Robotoki Inc. Robotoki is a Los Angeles-based game development studio led by Robert Bowling, former Lead and Creative Strategist of the Call of Duty franchise.

“We are excited to work with Robotoki to bring this exciting game to consumers in North America and around the world”

Set 35 years after a zombie apocalypse, Human Element combines action, strategy and resource management to offer players the ability to create multiple human survival scenarios. The game features a cinematic, immersive, first-person experience using the latest CryEngine technology, and combines innovative new Streaming and Segmented World massively multiplayer online (MMO) game technologies to achieve a large open-world MMO experience while maintaining the high visual fidelity of a first-person shooter (FPS).

“We are excited to work with Robotoki to bring this exciting game to consumers in North America and around the world,” said Owen Mahoney, President and CEO of Nexon. “This announcement marks an important milestone in the strategic partnership we formed with Robotoki in February 2013 and furthers our goal of developing groundbreaking, AAA quality free-to-play games.”

“Partnering with Nexon has allowed us to achieve our ambitious vision for Human Element,” said Robert Bowling, President and Creative Director of Robotoki. “Combining the fast paced, cinematic, visceral gameplay that our team is known for with the exciting MMO social experience and expertise of Nexon, we are redefining the genre of survival games with an unprecedented level of detail within an open-world experience.”

Human Element is scheduled for global release on PC in the fourth quarter of 2015. Find out more at http://www.humanelementgame.com/

About NEXON Co., Ltd. http://company.nexon.co.jp/

NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world's first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 60 online games in more than 100 countries and since its founding, Nexon has generated more than 1.4 billion player registrations. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.

About Robotoki http://robotoki.com/

Robotoki, founded by Robert Bowling, former leader of Infinity Ward and Creative Strategist of the Call of Duty franchise, and comprised of industry veterans is a game development studio located in Los Angeles. The studio is developing its first title, Human Element, slated for release in Q4 2015

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140508005566/en/Nexon-Publish-Human-Element#.U2vJxvmSxHU

Philippo

This was that game which looked like TLOU right?
I remember seeing some concept art with a man and a kid... and that's it.

From a gameplay standpoint, what was inspiring was the rise of mobile and social gaming, and the rise in the different ways you can now play games and engage within the universe that will make the Human Element so unique. Because the key thing is, you’re sitting in front of your TV playing that first-person, immersive experience and playing how you want to. Then you get up and leave your house. You’re traveling with your iPad. If you load up the Human Element on your iPad, you should still be able to connect to that universe and contribute to it and continue with your character and engaging in that world, but playing off the strengths of that specific device.

What we do now is, we’re pulling in your GPS data and the Google Maps API and we’re overlaying all that into the world of Human Element. So now you’re literally out scavenging and seeing real world businesses and locations that you can now scavenge for supplies. And those supplies and benefits you’re getting from that are feeding back into the progression and character in the console, at-home experience. What’s great about that is they can stand independently of each other. If I’m a console gamer and want to sit at home and put hundreds of hours into that experience and just play it for the action. Say I get hurt; I need supplies and need certain things I don’t feel like doing, but you’re an intelligence class player but you don’t have time to play on console, so you’re playing on your tablet and that’s all you play on. I can create an alliance with you, so you’re doing the scavenging and feeding that back into your alliance. So I’m benefiting from your work and you’re benefiting from the buffs that I give you as a strength class.
Well, that sounds insane if it's still in there!

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I see Nexon and I immediately think of Maple Story. If you have played that game then this might seem mildly disappointing. The pay-for content in that game is ridiculous. Sure, you can still enjoy without paying, but holy shit do you really fall behind without doing it.

DJIzana

I guess they decided to abandon their Ghost in the Shell MMO/FPS then.

That was probably the only title from Nexon I would have actually enjoyed checking out.

element

I guess they decided to abandon their Ghost in the Shell MMO/FPS then.

That was probably the only title from Nexon I would have actually enjoyed checking out.
Nexon is a pretty big company. They are also publishing Extraction (Formerly Dirty Bomb).They can do multiple things.

When he left Infinity Ward, was it not him tweeting saying he wish games were back to the old days, blah blah blah...... or was it Cliffy B

Astarte

After nexon dumped the shit out of Dungeon Fighter Online, I'm done with them. I have never hated a company so much.

Damn, such a shame, I never thought it will turn out to be a F2P MMOFPS, I had high hopes especially with how much it looked like 'The Last of Us'

Top Bottom