• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sega Q4 FY14 Results: Rome 2: 1.13M, FM2014: 790K, Sonic: 710K, CoH2: 680K, Yak: 390K

Pooya

Note: SKU count is per region. So one game releasing in three regions = 3 SKUs.

http://www.segasammy.co.jp/english/ir/

capturecgj8m.jpg

capture2hoj2w.jpg

DJIzana

Seems like PC is still working out the best for Sega. Really curious as to what, if anything, us North American fans can expect from them this years E3.

Dat PC sales domination.

It boggles the mind why they haven't deigned to port over their console franchises over to the platform bringing them the most unit sales for the past full fiscal year. They're missing out on a huge potential revenue stream right there.

Hopefully they're more amenable to the PC ports campaign. Bah, who am I kidding, the segregation will continue.

RulkezX

Seems like PC is still working out the best for Sega. Really curious as to what, if anything, us North American fans can expect from them this years E3.

Well they haven't mention the Warhammer game they announced nearly 2 years ago in forever. It's about time CA showed it to the world. Then there is Relic.

Takao

Banned
Yakuza.

Seems like they have 3 PS4 games lined up until March 2015. Interested in seeing what they are.

Aliens Infestation (NA)
Aliens Infestation (EU)
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2nd (JP) or Yakuza 6 (JP)

SEGA counts regional releases in that SKU number.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Is 710k WW good for a Sonic game? I thought it bombed and everyone forgot about it.

Also, start bringing EVERYTHING to PC, Sega.

Lets see how much damage they did to the Total War franchise with the shoddy Rome 2 rushed release

My guess is about none. All they have to do is set it in another time period (which is a given) and no one will even think about Rome 2's launch.

Takao

Banned
Looks like SEGA hasn't abandoned the Wii U yet. 4 games sounds solid for next year.

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (JP)
Sonic Boom (EU)
Sonic Boom (NA)

Hope they don't plan on releasing Sonic Boom in Japan.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I wonder what 3DS game they expect to do so well. PS3 and 3DS look pretty high, but with Persona included then it makes sense for PS3 (and I guess the next RGG/Yakuza will be multiplat too).

Looks like SEGA hasn't abandoned the Wii U yet. 4 games sounds solid for next year.

4 SKUs != 4 games.

Com_Raven

Dat PC sales domination.

It boggles the mind why they haven't deigned to port over their console franchises over to the platform bringing them the most unit sales for the past full fiscal year. They're missing out on a huge potential revenue stream right there.

Hopefully they're more amenable to the PC ports campaign. Bah, who am I kidding, the segregation will continue.

They have Rome 2 and Company of Heroes 2 doing well on the PC- both are hardcore PC games in franchises and from developers that have a long history on the PC, and that offer something that is increasingly hard to find on the PC these days: Strategy games with big production values.

Just because those tailor-made for PC games sell on there does not mean that everything Sega ports to PC would also necessarily be a huge hit.

deleted

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (JP)
Sonic Boom (EU)
Sonic Boom (NA)

Hope they don't plan on releasing Sonic Boom in Japan.

I wonder what 3DS game they expect to do so well. PS3 and 3DS look pretty high, but with Persona included then it makes sense for PS3 (and I guess the next RGG/Yakuza will be multiplat too).

4 SKUs != 4 games.

Sonic boom will be 3 of those SKU's. Oh and All stars racing JP. So no new games.

Got it - at least they expect it to sell reasonably better than their last games..

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Still always surreal to read these about Sega when contrasted to our childhoods. Glad that they are still vibrant though.

They have Rome 2 and Company of Heroes 2 doing well on the PC- both are hardcore PC games in franchises and from developers that have a long history on the PC, and that offer something that is increasingly hard to find on the PC these days: Strategy games with big production values.

Just because those tailor-made for PC games sell on there does not mean that everything Sega ports to PC would also necessarily be a huge hit.

Exactly. Rome 2 selling well isn't going to encourage SEGA to put VC on PC.

I hope SEGA is not done with the VC franchise. It was unfortunate that it got released at the time of PS3 doing horribly in the West and Japan. Making it into a handheld series then alienated the Western fan base. I hope they make another one for PS4. If that doesn't do well only then will I be okay with them abandoning the franchise.

RulkezX

Sucks that a game as bad and as rushed as Rome 2 selling that much.
It's very good now. The above is only true if you only ever judge a game at launch.

For the corresponding End of FY reports:

FM 2013 - 940k
FM 2014 - 790k

Serves them right. I've bought ever single one since 93 and their reactions to criticism and complaints of late has been a joke. Hopefully they see the sales drop from 13 and realise people won't buy the game if they're just going to phone it in every year.

It's very good now. The above is only true if you only ever judge a game at launch.

I didn't beat the game until December and it was still a mess.

Even if we take the giant pile of technical issues out, the game was still one of the weakest TWs design wise. I was done for good after I finished it as opposed to immediately starting a new campaign with a new faction like in the other Total war games.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Are those PC figures retail only, or does it include digital too?

It should be everything, but I'm not sure we have an amazing resource to compare to to be 100% sure.

If it wasn't they would be one of the very few companies to not include digital though.

IpsoFacto

Hmm... Aliens Infestation is coming out for Xbox One, which means there is still an unnannounced Xbox One game in the pipeline.

Phinor

Company of Heroes 2 sales seem slightly disappointing considering the game is nearly a year old and has been discounted often.

Oh well, at least two new armies next month. Should spice up multiplayer matches if they can keep things relatively balanced.

still a shame that they didnt release Yakuza Ishin in the west too for the PS4. There would have been like literally no competition and the game could have gotten a whole new boost in sales for the series :(

Top Bottom