• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Debunked) RUMOR: Mafia III leaked images.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, guys. It's FAKE. Please close the thread.

http://www.crytek.com/blog/cryengine-team-wins-polycount-challenge

625b4b3a35e95d0f7dd7bcc3756f3522.png

43ad3e023ef631c0733f55fc2610565e.png

23668669ba606745acb3a18d5ad29d0c.png

9e5c1568d6e02b463362ac49bb773bda.png

http://playfront.de/geruecht-zeigen-diese-bilder-mafia-iii/

Google Translate for the article.
For a long time it is assumed that 2K Games working on for some time 'Mafia III', which should have been in the now closed studio 2K Czech in work.

Since the closure of the studio does not necessarily also mean the end for the development of the title, it is believed that the game is currently being built elsewhere. Now, supposedly the first pictures from the development have emerged that 'III Mafia' indicate a possible scene. The pictures are circulating a few weeks in the network, but only now been discovered. That these definitely come from a Mafia game that show different notes in it, including the names of the towns Empire Bay, Chicago and Lost Heaven on the road signs.

All images are still branded with the 2K Czech studio logo, which suggests that this could be from an early stage of development. A similar scene as in the pictures was also not seen in 'Mafia' or 'Mafia II', which suggests either that they are from unpublished material, or a completely new game. The latter would speak for the quality of the images and its high level of detail. Also, there might be completely outdated material, since the game's development was started after the latter information from scratch.

As so often is nothing of this official. 2K Games has not even announced no further Mafia game.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Just can't shake the feeling that the cars look like toys, especially that single one. Maybe it's the angle and focus of the picture.

FranXico

Can't be in-game, of course. Silly of me to even consider. Thanks guys.
The first shot with the car part out of focus made me dream a bit.

Damn. I'd have liked to see them do a new era. A mafia game set in the 70's would have some major potential. Still, will be interesting to see how this pans out.

STUPID FAKE

Codiox

most important question:

will it be 1080p / 60fps on my Gameboy Color????

seriously, looks good, but i think these are some kind of artworks.

BeeDog

Err, is it really "quite clear?" The last one in particular looks at least like an in-engine shot to me.

That'd make sense if true. They're definitely renders of some sort, not 2D art.

Didn't think the use of "concept art" would automatically imply it's a 2D drawing. Personally I consider 3D renders of stuff that'll never make it in the game as "concept art" too, but maybe my use of the definition has been incorrect.

Either way, now it's proven that this is not Mafia 3. :)

EDIT: Beaten by SECONDS.

Com_Raven

This is a scene that three of our employees created for a Polycount challenge, using CRYENGINE.

It is definitely not Mafia 3 :)

And no, they are not concept art- all rendered in-engine.

SJRB

Gold Member
This is going to be one of those trailers with one giant rendered scene in freezeframe while the camera swooshes around, isn't it?

Edit: well shit, it's fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom