• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer: Expect more announcements prior to E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Phil is answering questions on twitter right now so people are asking if there anymore announcements coming.

ZekRZCB.png
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/467879225475604480

The reason for the announcements:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/467877623217942529

Someone also asked if all his E3 announcements have been leaked and he said no.

Edit: I asked about expectations

Gamerloid

Exciting times to be a gamer. The competition is fierce between Sony and Microsoft. I hope next generation will have a seriously three way battle.

Man the difference between Phil and Mattrick is just night and day. Perfect guy for the job. I think we are in for an epic e3 from both Sony and MS.

Banned
Aww yeah! Hype Rising. What does Microsoft have up it's sleeve?

Are you ready Xbox fans, ready for the RePhilution?

Hopefully we go back to MS of 2005-2008. So far that seems to be the case

Still keeping my expectations and hype in check though

I-hate-u

MS is going ham. I'd be worried if I was the other two of what MS is going to show. Its actually scary that MS deliberately announced Halo weeks before E3.

BigDug13

Exciting times to be a gamer. The competition is fierce between Sony and Microsoft. I hope next generation will have a seriously three way battle.

There's never really been room for 3. Wii was an anomaly in nearly every way that grabbed an audience that were not console gamers before and are no longer console gamers post-Wii. Outside of that anomaly, have we ever had 3 solid successes from 3 companies during the same generation?

It's obvious that MS is doing everything they can to make sure they're one of the two successful ones, and it's working.

Interesting. I wish Sony would start up the hype train too and announce 1 or 2 things as well to ramp up the excitement.

Dude at this point I remain worried they don't even have major announcements for E3. LEt alone before.

They aren't exactly doing much to engender confidence and faith in their development.

Dude at this point I remain worried they don't even have major announcements for E3. LEt alone before.

They aren't exactly doing much to engender confidence and faith in their development.

It's not the norm to make big announcements one month ahead of e3, yknow...

Cipherr

Can't lie, they have been dropping some game news lately. This is a good trend, and promising if they are this confident dropping stuff like Halo 5 and whatnot BEFORE a conference which will include even more announcements.

If they are going to close the gap with the PS4, this will be their only hope. Shower us with gammmmmmmessssss

BigDug13

If a track record spanning 3 previous generations isn't enough to give people confidence, I'm not sure those people can be convinced.

Have they even had a megaton since the FFXIII announcement? I'm seriously asking here.

Well ... they try.

I just mean a closing surprise. They usually leave something until last but this year I dont know what it will be unless its something boring like Halo or COD gameplay debut

My off the wall bet is something Rockstar just because its the only unexpected thing that would make a impact. About time they announce something new that isnt GTA

Nintendo Started there hype train early:
-Smash Direct
-MK8 Direct
-Tomodachi Direct
-Mega64 Hype Video
-Smash Tournament
-Pokemon Remakes

Xbox's early hype train:
-Price Cut
-Xbox Live Gold features
-Halo 5
-Halo 1-4 Collection

Where is Sony at?

Would you prefer Shu Yoshida hyping the hell out of E3, Gamescom and TGS just like Phil Spencer did?

Because the only difference between the both of them at this point is the loudness of their tweets. As far as content is concerned, both kettles are empty.

wapplew

I want them do to another 180 like

"We said we will have $399 without kinect SKU, after we listen to the fans, they want us to keep the vision.
So I here by announce, Kinect is still an integral part of Xbox one; $399 will come with Kinect!"
Drop the mic

Isotope

This E3 is shaping up to be pretty good; everyone's got some big announcements planned (As usual) and just getting the hype raised in general.

I still believe Spencer is doing this now because they are desperate to get some momentum going for the One.

He'd better have some stuff saved away for E3 or people are going to grumble that MS dropped all the big news before the event.

Nintendo Started there hype train early:
-Smash Direct
-MK8 Direct
-Tomodachi Direct
-Mega64 Hype Video
-Smash Tournament
-Pokemon Remakes

Xbox's early hype train:
-Price Cut
-Xbox Live Gold features
-Halo 5
-Halo 1-4 Collection

Where is Sony at?

Well Beasts Souls kind of got out so I guess they are playing it quiet this year.

A bit weird since Sony is normally the one doing the pre E3 reveals and MS the one who saves everything for the show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom