• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo of Australia Offers Free Wii U Game When Mario Kart 8 Registered

HowZatOZ

Banned
Couldn't find a thread.

Nintendo of Australia just sent out an email stating that anyone who registers Mario Kart 8 on Wii U between May 31st, 2014 and July 31st, 2014 will be able to claim a free Wii U game.

The 10 Wii U games featuring in the Mario Kart 8 Bonus Game Promotion are:

Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U version)
GAME & WARIO
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World (Wii U version)
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U

More deets: http://www.gamesites.nintendo.com.au/mk8_bonus/

burst

What should I get, I mostly use my Wii u for multiplayer with mates, mario at the Olympics, wario ware or Wii u party?

BM8

Neo Member
What should I get, I mostly use my Wii u for multiplayer with mates, mario at the Olympics, wario ware or Wii u party?

Wii Party U.

Wario has many one player games, with i believe four multiplayer games.

This is, if you dont have Nintendo Land.

LaNaranja

I haven't played the other two, but keep in mind that there are only 3 real multiplayer games in Game & Wario. That said they are all a ton of fun with other people. The single player mini games range in quality from meh to really great.

Wow, for once we get something cool down under. I was planning on picking it up launch day anyway.

My choices are between Game and Wario, Monster Hunter 3, Wii Party U or Sonic and Mario. They are the games I don't have from the list.

What one should I get? None of them I am particularly interested in over the other. I'm not really into Wii Party U or Sonic and Mario. I like Warioware games, but I've heard Game and Wario is lacking many mini games and I haven't been able to get into Monster Hunter in the past, but I think it would offer the most substance. Tried playing 3 on PSP and Tri on Wii, but they bored me.

BM8

Neo Member
What game would everyone recommend off that list other than Wind Waker, already got that?

For mainly single player(tho both have multiplayer), pikmin 3, and the wonderful 101. Without a doubt, some of the best games ive played.

Now just choose what appeals to you more.

Do you like over the top, saturday morning cartoon, action? Or do you love nature, with RTS elements?

popyea

Guys, help me decide which I should choose. Of the ones I don't already own, I'm considering either Pikmin 3, Game and Wario or NSMBU.

daydream

Banned
Guys, help me decide which I should choose. Of the ones I don't already own, I'm considering either Pikmin 3, Game and Wario or NSMBU.

If you don't care about digital/physical, it would make sense to base your decision on retail/eShop prices (and choose the most expensive one). So definitely not G&W. Probably Pikmin is the way to go.

That's how I would do it, in any case.

popyea

If you don't care about digital/physical, it would make sense to base your decision on retail/eShop prices (and choose the most expensive one). So definitely not G&W. Probably Pikmin is the way to go.

That's how I would do it, in any case.

Yeah, that makes sense. Is Pikmin perfectly playable in off-tv mode? Or is it worth playing it on the tv and using the wii remote?

BM8

Neo Member
Yeah, that makes sense. Is Pikmin perfectly playable in off-tv mode? Or is it worth playing it on the tv and using the wii remote?

Story mode is perfectly playable using the gamepad controls. You can lock onto targets. Its just anything where you want a high score is where precision is key.

You can actually use the wiimote/nunchuck in off-tv mode(theres a sensor bar in the gamepad), and it works very well!

iirc, it felt smoother than with an actual TV.

Actually, there's already a thread about this here : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=810577&highlight=mario+kart+8

I'll admit I didn't specify Australia was included, since for me (and Nintendo), Australia is part of Europe.

Australia and EU don't necessarily share promotions. It took a couple of days for Nintendo of Australia to confirm after the initial announcement that we'd get those choices of games. And it took until now to receive an email from Nintendo promoting the deal which I'm assuming happened to the OP too.

Steph_E.

Not tried Wario, so can't comment
Mario & Sonic at the Olympics is good in short bursts (lots of events but mostly pretty similar - skiing, snowboarding, skating, tobogganing, ice hockey, curling)
Wii U Party would be my choice. It is good (but I don't think it's as good as Wii Party)

Davey Cakes

I can only vouch for Wii Party U as it's the only one I've played of those. It's great. On the level of the original Wii Party if not better in some ways. If you enjoy Mario Party-type minigames as well as casual-social party game experiences then it's a no-brainer. Severely underrated.

Look up the game types on Nintendo's site. There's really solid variety. There are games that use the Gamepad for drawing and taking photos or turn the Gamepad into a tabletop game like baseball/foosball or obstacle course. There are also more traditional board game types and minigames.

The selection of modes exceeded my expectations. It's definitely a "something for everyone" kind of game. I also as always love the Mii integration.

One of the better social Wii U experiences, easily. Up there with Nintendo Land. Also, the big difference between Wii Party U and other choices like Ninty Land and Game & Wario is that WPU is really built for 2-4 players as opposed to having a large portion of single-player modes.

Top Bottom