• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official: Nintendo DS Lite (aka Redesign Time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

neo2046

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.html

Nintendo DS Lite
Release Date: 2006-03-02
Price: 16800 Yen
Feature: 4 adjustable levels of brightness (ala PSP), thus the name "Lite"
Old Size: 149 x 85 x 29 = 275g
New Size: 133 x 74 x 22 = 218g

060126.jpg

Heh, it's weird, I was in a meeting at work when I noticed it on Nintendo's site. Then checked GAF and noticed it took quite some time for someone to post it here. First Japan sales figures then this, GAF is slipping!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
And yet the same day that European Nintendo PR guy said they weren't even thinking of that yet.

It's beautiful :smile:
It's looking like some nice Revolution accessoire :smile:
It's coming soon :smile:
Nintendo UK knows nothing!

Must buy.

mosaic

go eat paint
Hmmm, 20mm less wide, smidgen less height and depth... about 40 grams less heavy. Any other tidbits in that release as to any screen improvements?

swoon

that's some pretty awesome design right there. i hope it launches in american around the same date really, so i'm not tempted to import

Brannon

I'd feel bad about this, except I got my DS for free, so I'm actually quite neutral. Sucks for the ones that recently bought one, however.

bumpkin

I know I'm in the minority, but I like the current design more.

Edit: I did a Babelfish translation on the page... It's rough and broken, but I did see mention of a brightness control (4 stages).

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was
upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon
the face of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

My Japanese wife is playing bloody Touch 'n Go right now so i can't get her to translate! Doesn't appear to be anything on there about this new'n lacking GBA support does there?

daegan

the androgyne said:
My Japanese wife is playing bloody Touch 'n Go right now so i can't get her to translate! Doesn't appear to be anything on there about this new'n lacking GBA support does there?

that was actually my own first thought: oh crap, they took out the gba slot. bye bye rumble pak.

edit: but that would break play-yan too...

Amir0x

Banned
"it is the superior type which loads the brightness control function of 4 stages whose it is possible furthermore to make the picture bright."

Reading this right, then YES

swoon

if they dropped gba support i would sell my ds and buy a micro and one of these things. so nintendo just gets more money, genius!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
While I think the thing is sexy and nice and all that, I think it's a big mistake for Nintendo to come out with something like this so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom