• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Sports Club retail version coming to NA on July 25

L~A

BpXYDH8IQAAdy39.jpg

.Just announced via PR. $39.99

Boxing and Baseball are coming as download at 6PM PST (on June 26), so 3AM GMT+2, 2AM UK Time, and 10AM JST.

NotLiquid

I never tried Wii Sports Club.

Might give this a shot since the original Wii Sports is still some short, sweet fun.

Proven

This took too long to happen. Still, I mostly want it for Tennis/Boxing, and then Bowling for when people are over. So I'm still incentivized to buy digitally...

Sloane

Banned
Does it have Frisbee Golf? Still playing that with family / friends sometimes, just wish I wouldn't have to play the same 18 holes over and over again...

lewisgone

Cool to hear, means it's more likely to reach the EU. I wish it was part of a Motion+ deal though - those made the Wii Party/Play bundles good value - the difference here being I'm actually interested in this game.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Cool to hear, means it's more likely to reach the EU. I wish it was part of a Motion+ deal though - those made the Wii Party/Play bundles good value - the difference here being I'm actually interested in this game.

Euro version already got announced I thought.

The only game I have paid to download so far was Golf. I was going to eventually buy them all, but now I don't have too. I'll just get the retail version and save me the HD space.

Aren't the games $9 each on the eShop?
Discs are not free. See also: Super Luigi U (I guess in that case you can argue that stand alone DLC discs are rarely the same cost as the DLC itself).

But yeah I feel it is a bit of a hard sell for what will be perceived as an 8 year old game.

Davey Cakes

The price makes sense given the eShop prices. If you want all the games you're technically getting a deal.

That said, it's still a hard sell at $40, regardless of the extra features.

ngower

Aren't the games $9 each on the eShop?

As some others have already said, $10, which means you're basically getting one of the sports free when compared with the eShop versions.

Wii Sports was amazing because it was free and just so simple and fun. Marking it up is insane. They should have let users pick one free sport with the purchase of a Wii U and made the rest like $3. They'd make plenty of money that route—no one in their right mind is going to pay $40 for this.

I played the trial version last night and it was fun but there is no way you can convince me that's worth $40.

With the online and improved gameplay and modes $30 would be acceptable but $40 is too much when weaker sports like boxing (I just can't see how this will be improved while using a Nunchuk) could make up such a large chunk. I've also felt $10 a piece digitally is too much as well.

The problem is Nintendo last Wii Sports sequel, Wii Sports Resort was a much better value. At $50 containing a $20 motion-plus it had 12 sports. This included better versions of golf and baseball along with table tennis as a semi-replacement for tennis. Other standouts for me included swordfighting, frisbee, and archery. This doesn't include the aerial or water sports.

Not having more sports does warrant the $40 price tag.

sörine

Banned
I'd pay $40 for Wii Sports Resort Club. That's probably as close as we'll ever get to HD Pilotwings and Wave Race.

ryushe

This is in HD, is Wii Motion+ enabled and has online play w/ regional leaderboards...

Man, you lot are cheap as fukc.

I'd rather have these on my HDD anyway, but good package nonetheless.

Top Bottom