• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New project by Yukio Futatsugi (Panzer Dragoon/Phantom Dust) to be announced at E3

Takao

Banned
Panzer Dragoon and Phantom Dust creator Yukio Futatsugi has a new game announcement planned for E3, the Japanese game developer said on Twitter.

“Lots of people in my timeline are getting ready to head to Los Angeles for E3,” Futatsugi said. “I can’t go this year for various reasons including an upcoming launch of a smartphone title, as well as one I’ve been running that has been getting great reviews.”

He added, “But a title I’m involved with will be announced. Looking forward to it.”

Could we see a Phantom Dust reboot? Back in November, Microsoft said they were in “discussion” to reboot the franchise, which made its debut on Xbox in 2004.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/06/panzer-dragoon-creator-announcing-new-game-e3#GMTkL3ek7Po06zps.99

Edit: Well, I kind of goofed on that thread title ...

I think "creator" is a keyword missing in the title.

I foresee a few disappointed people, since it might not be those titles exactly (although I sure hope it is Panzer Dragoon).

The Flash

Banned
Babylonian posted this in the Rev3 PD thread.

Update: Yukio Futatsugi just broke a two-month Twitter silence to say this:

jm4hSak.png

and this:

berMdAf.png

Can anyone with decent Japanese translate that second tweet? Pretty much all I could get from Google Translate is that a game he's "involved with will be announced" at E3, and that he's looking forward to it. Anyone?

Bsigg12

Don't let me down microsoft....

Some slick card/ability deck management with the SmartGlass app or a dedicated companion app could be amazing for phantom dust.

Well, this seems to confirm they were working on something related to Phantom Dust.

I'm glad they are going to support a Futatsugi's game for the second time (I was very disappointed when MS decided Phantom Dust was too Japanese for the rest of the world); many people think a F2P approach suits this franchise, I don't particularly like F2P games but if that's what it takes for this particular IP to come back then I'm o.k. with this.

Edit: So he's working on a Nintendo title? That's great! Hopefully it's a WiiU game

jbug617

Banned
Didn't the same thing happened last year? Microsoft renewed the Killer Instinct copyright and we got the game at E3. This year Phantom Dust copyright was renewed so I guess expect a E3 announcement.

With all the talk about Phantom Dust coming back I finally put in my copy I've had for a couple years now...

I wish I would have done so back when OG Live was alive. I imagine the game was a blast with multiplayer, the campaign is already pretty fun on it's own.

IJoel

Man, I had such a blast playing online with the GAF crew back when PD came out. This still ranks as one of the best online games for me. Up there with RalliSport Challenge 2.

tmtyf

With all the talk about Phantom Dust coming back I finally put in my copy I've had for a couple years now...

I wish I would have done so back when OG Live was alive. I imagine the game was a blast with multiplayer, the campaign is already pretty fun on it's own.

it still has a decent amount of people playing online

FourMyle

Man, I had such a blast playing online with the GAF crew back when PD came out. This still ranks as one of the best online games for me. Up there with RalliSport Challenge 2.

Yep yep. Phantom Dust and Halo 2 were magical gaming experiences online. I am going to be depressed if it isn't PD2

Why would he say its being announced at E3 when its 2 days away? Bizarre... but good news whatever it is (PD2 or otherwise)

Filaipus

Banned
How well did Crimson Dragon make? Lots of critics bashed the game so that probably hurt sales...

Wanted to try, love Panzer Dragoon.

Duxxy3

Please be a good panzer dragoon game

Top Bottom