• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q : Shadow of the Labyrinth E3 Trailer

And only partially translated text, yeah this is early early stuff (wouldn't even be surprised if this is just all mock up and no work on the game itself is actually done translation wise).

Gartooth

Looking forward to this!

Quick question, will there be voice acting in this game? I know there is in the Japanese version, but this trailer had only text.

but wheres my release date atlus
OTrE4Up.gif

kiryogi

Banned
There's no way they wouldn't dub this.

That said, been playing it, it's pretty awesome if you're a fan of Persona 3/4 mechanics. Definitely doesn't have the customization that Etrian is known for, but that's expected since we have an established cast versus fight/heal. Might be the easiest EO-type to date. XD But it's great revisiting the P3/4 cast again along with its theme and atmosphere. A good way to bide time until P5

Dugna

Trailer was meh but was still rocking out to that Battle music, Not at the point I can remember which Protags it's yet.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
And only partially translated text, yeah this is early early stuff (wouldn't even be surprised if this is just all mock up and no work on the game itself is actually done translation wise).

According to Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) they are almost done with recording the dialogue.

This looks like something they just threw together just to have something.

According to Erin Fitzgerald (Chie) they are almost done with recording the dialogue.

This looks like something they just threw together just to have something.

I should have probably said "They didn't have anything built and ready to show", what I said implies they haven't done any work yet, when I meant to imply they haven't started putting it all together.

ZeroX03

Banned
There's no way they wouldn't dub this.

That said, been playing it, it's pretty awesome if you're a fan of Persona 3/4 mechanics. Definitely doesn't have the customization that Etrian is known for, but that's expected since we have an established cast versus fight/heal. Might be the easiest EO-type to date. XD But it's great revisiting the P3/4 cast again along with its theme and atmosphere. A good way to bide time until P5

The whole character creation thing was a barrier for me playing Etrian Odyssey when I picked it up. Wanted to jump in and play immediately, but had to wade through menus and then research what characters did what, etc. Story/character driven might help with streamlining that, though as a Persona game I assume it still means a two hour intro before gameplay.

Nachos

I should have probably said "They didn't have anything built and ready to show", what I said implies they haven't done any work yet, when I meant to imply they haven't started putting it all together.

That shouldn't take much time at all, though, particularly if they outsource text replacement to a third-party company like they did with SMT4. Unless they're pushing for very late fall, there's no way the game isn't nearly complete, because QA and pressing physical copies take up a few months themselves. This just seems like a quick way to remind preppie that the game exists. I'm sure they'll pull out all the stops as the release date gets closer.
The whole character creation thing was a barrier for me playing Etrian Odyssey when I picked it up. Wanted to jump in and play immediately, but had to wade through menus and then research what characters did what, etc. Story/character driven might help with streamlining that, though as a Persona game I assume it still means a two hour intro before gameplay.
That's a shame, because pretty much any party is viable. I'd even say that you could basically make a party based on who you think look cool, and still best the main story. It won't help with the post game, but by that point, you would have a better understanding of how the game works and how parties can be structured.

ZeroX03

Banned
That's a shame, because pretty much any party is viable. I'd even say that you could basically make a party based on who you think look cool, and still best the main story. It won't help with the post game, but by that point, you would have a better understanding of how the game works and how parties can be structured.

I finally powered through it, and found a good game underneath (haven't had time to play more than a few hours), but the game saying "hey, create and gear up a full party with minimal information!" didn't help when first starting up the 3DS when out on a date.

Top Bottom