• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fossil Fighters: Infinite Gear being localized as Fossil Fighters: Frontier

ib1D3sI8PpcRZw.jpg

Releasing in 2015.
Trailer
YES

Phazon

Hmm I wonder if they'll bring it to the EU this time. Last one on the DS wasn't for EU if I remember well. Looks interesting, but I'm not sure I'll like it.

Hope this isn't what the 3DS conference is about.

This song in the trailer is SO cheesy. I love it.

It's so weird. It's like an '80s cartoon theme song or something. Do kids these days even have shows with intro songs like that any more?

The game is really cool, at least 25 hours long. UI is a little janky in places, but it's basically an evolution of the Fossil Fighters formula. My biggest problem was [SPOILERS]
the removal of the mammalian and ocean Vivosaurs.
The sotry was fun, though, and you have a variety of environments to explore. Car mechanic works well enough too.

Sweet! :D Hope this isn't the game they're announcing as I'd think that would be a big one.

The looks of the game remind me of Custom Robo and makes me want that even more!!!

Nintendo, Noise, make some noise get on that NOW!

Drago

Awesome!

I never played the first two on DS but I was always intrigued. May pick this one up.

Hope this wasn't the 3DS conference game. :lol

noquarter

Awesome, was just thinking about this series the other day and thought that for sure it was dine in the West. Glad to see its not.

Enjoyed the last two games, hope Nintendo has a way to urge people to get this like the Persona/Fire Emblem deal or what they did for Mario Kart.

Koppai

I want it but is it really coming out in 2015? Still need to beat the original and pick up the sequel, I guess I never found out the sequence.

Nachos

As someone who knows nothing about the series, what's the best primer for getting up to speed?

∀ Narayan;116055629 said:
Every trailer needs to have music like this from now on.
I got some slight Sega vibes from it. Not quite up to that level from a quality standpoint, but it's good to see someone still appreciates the art of the cheese, even in 2014.

Buy the game, but don't watch that trailer.
Well, you're no fun.

Boogiepop

Huh... that was something. Is it part racing game, looking at the trailer? I remember hearing the first game wasn't so hot back when it came out so I never picked it up, but is this supposed to be good? Also, are there plot concerns or anything to worry about between the sequels and stuff, or do they pretty much operate as standalone? Might be interested in this...

How was the original? Are these fun?

The original is fun, but a bit difficult from what I remember. (I'm also bad at JRPGs, so take that as you will.) Champions vastly improved everything that was fun and made it better. The only similarities to Pokémon are that you battle with monsters, it's a very different game. It's like a mix between Spectrobes (finding and reviving Vivosaurs), Pokémon (Battling basics), and its own thing; and it's amazing.

From what I remember, there's nothing really linking the first 2 games together; so you can skip the original if you want.

I'm impressed at how well they localized the original song. They pretty much nailed the cheesiness the original song has while keeping the melody intact and giving that Saturday morning cartoon feel. It's so... so... beautiful. *sniff sniff*

Refugio

Not sure if I'll get the game(I played the first one and it was ok), but I know where my vote's going to for best E3 trailer.

Top Bottom