• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Store on XONE

Dipz

Banned
Yep same thing is showing up for me.

China probably took over the world while we weren't looking and if we step outside everyone is speaking Chinese now or something.

Gor rammit.

I think we're turning Chinese
I think we're turning Chinese
I really think so

OMG, I'm glad it just isn't me.

I literally just bought, plugged in, and updated a XBO.

I was a little confused as I am not Chinese or have lived outside the U.S.

Not a good first impression MS, Lol
big picture said:
FqztjrU.jpg

Having a menu item wrong is a bad first impression?

Yes, As a new owner, I wasn't sure if I did something wrong or my locale region was screwed up. This is the first time I booted up my Xbox One and was confused as to why it was showing up like that.

Mainly as I was redeeming a code.

Yes, As a new owner, I wasn't sure if I did something wrong or my locale region was screwed up. This is the first time I booted up my Xbox One and was confused as to why it was showing up like that.

Mainly as I was redeeming a code.

Say xbox use a code and it will skip all that :)

Caayn

Having a menu item wrong is a bad first impression?
It can be confusing when ones new console says it is in English but displays certain UI objects in Chinese. It certainly isn't a good first impression.

That said, I find it a funny glitch. Never seen anything like this.

TomShoe

Banned
I for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.

OT: I hate it when people capitalize XONE, or XBOX ONE. It's not cool, it makes you look like an advertising shill. It's not XBOX ONE, it's Xbox One.

Skele7on

Banned
I'm confused, can someone say what is actually happening.

All i hear is qr chinese XONE?

Are you saying that if I boot my xbox it will now be the chinese store?

Derpcrawler

I'm confused, can someone say what is actually happening.

All i hear is qr chinese XONE?

Are you saying that if I boot my xbox it will now be the chinese store?

Just two UI elements (search and scan QR) are displayed in Chinese, everything else is fine. Not the end of the world and as it seems only affects people on latest preview firmware.

bbjvc

I am Chinese, I thought Kinect figure that out so change it for me, so you guys tell me this is not kinect magic? :(

Skele7on

Banned
Just two UI elements (search and scan QR) are displayed in Chinese, everything else is fine. Not the end of the world and as it seems only affects people on latest preview firmware.

Thanks for clearing that up, will check mine later when I'm downloading Valiant Hearts!

Dragon

Banned
I for one, welcome our new Chinese overlords.

OT: I hate it when people capitalize XONE, or XBOX ONE. It's not cool, it makes you look like an advertising shill. It's not XBOX ONE, it's Xbox One.

Uh you're the one that sounds like a Microsoft employee haha. They'd be the only ones that care about that sort of thing!

Top Bottom