• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[China] Neverwinter coming to Xbox One later this year

Perfect World CEO earlier said they have some games in development for X1 Chinese launch.

Perfect World Co., Ltd. today confirmed to the biggest Chinese console forum A9VG that Cryptic's fantasy MMORPG Neverwinter will come to Xbox One later this year. According to A9VG, the game's Xbox One version will also be available in Chinese market. The game is already in a playable status as A9VG is inviting a small group of Chinese gamers to join an internal test event during July 12 - 27.

http://2p.com/7411124_1/Neverwinter-coming-to-Xbox-One-later-this-year-by-Blake-Lau.htm

While release date for Neverwinter Xbox One remains unknown, industry insider implies that the game will be one of the launch titles of Chinese Xbox One in September. In June, Perfect World's CEO Xiao Hong told that at least 2 Xbox One titles were being developed by their Chinese and oversea studios. You can expect to learn more at ChinaJoy 2014 in early August.

ChinaJoy 2014 - The 12th China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference 2014
http://www.chinaexhibition.com/trad...l_Entertainment_Expo_and_Conference_2014.html

I cannot post a thread but I think chinajoy might deserve a thread of its own, as its one of the largest gaming conventions in the world

Among the top three game expos in the world, China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference (ChinaJoy) is the No.1 game expo in China and even in Asia

While release date for Neverwinter Xbox One remains unknown, industry insider implies that the game will be one of the launch titles of Chinese Xbox One in September. In June, Perfect World's CEO Xiao Hong told that at least 2 Xbox One titles were being developed by their Chinese and oversea studios. You can expect to learn more at ChinaJoy 2014 in early August.

ChinaJoy 2014 - The 12th China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference 2014
http://www.chinaexhibition.com/trad...l_Entertainment_Expo_and_Conference_2014.html

I cannot post a thread but I think chinajoy might deserve a thread of its own, as its one of the largest gaming conventions in the world

Among the top three game expos in the world, China Digital Entertainment Expo & Conference (ChinaJoy) is the No.1 game expo in China and even in Asia

You need 300 posts to go from junior to member. When you become member you can post threads.

Good idea this.

Decent f2p game (a bit p2w but I didn't need to spend a cent to get to max level and have a lot of fun) and works perfectly with a controller on PC already (through Xpadder) so great to see another MMO on console.

Ape

Banned
I really don't like f2p games but consoles need these for certain markets. Especially high profile ones.

Neverwinter has a few issues such as being a bit pay 2 win, and I don't care much for the segmented world. The combat is great though. Maybe it's jsut on the rogue (what I played), but the combat feels so good, and IIRC had few enough skills that it would work fine on a controller.

If it comes out in the US, I would at least jump back in to try it again, if not just for the combat.

Top Bottom