• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hatsune Miku : Project Mirai Mix announced for the West

L~A

14556118555_0370aa06cc.jpg

Official PR :

Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix Announced For Western Release on Popular Nintendo Handheld System

SAN FRANCISCO & LONDON – July 2, 2014 – SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA® Europe, Ltd. today announced that Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix (working title), an enhanced version of the popular Japanese video game Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI 2, will launch in the West on Nintendo 3DS in 2015. A fan favorite franchise, Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix will mark the first release from the Project MIRAI series outside of Japan and also the first appearance of Hatsune Miku game on a Nintendo platform outside of Japan.

Hatsune Miku: Project MIRAI Remix features characters rendered in beautiful stereoscopic 3D, with two different rhythm game modes (button and touch) and three difficulties per song. Players will enjoy a highly customizable experience with user customization options for button icons and sounds, character costumes and gear for the character rooms. Players can create and share personalized player cards that show off who you are as well as create customized dance routines to the songs, your own musical phrase and personalized comments about their favorite in-game videos, all via StreetPass™. The game also utilizes the AR card and photo capabilities of the Nintendo 3DS to bring characters to life in 3D.

“Hatsune Miku’s popularity in the West keeps growing, and we are proud to support such an amazing franchise with our games,” said John Cheng, President and COO, SEGA of America.

It's definitely Project Mirai 2 (which includes all the content from the first game), but enhanced, for the Nintendo 3DS. Also coming to Asia. Apparently, there'll be some new content that's not from the JP version.

Source

Katsuragi

Fantastic news! I was thinking about importing a copy of the second Project Mirai game yesterday, but I guess that won't be necessary now. :D

Glad more people are going to get to play it, Project Mirai 2 is the real deal. I honestly think I like it better than the Project Diva main series. Plus it has Puyo Puyo!

Saroyan

Thats cool, I wonder if it will be a cart or digital only. I'll buy it either way but I'd like to have a box copy.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hell yeah! Watched some footage of this online and it looked fantastic. Seems gameplay wise could be better than Project Diva.

Also in before a
Yakuza fan starts crying

kadotsu

Banned
That's the Nendoroid Miku game, right? The last time I saw this it looked very much like Britney's Dance Beat. Is the game any deeper than that? I like the cute look but if it doesn't play well I might skip this.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome! I wondered what they were gonna call Mirai 2 in the west, but that works out I guess.

Dvia F got a physical release in America while was digital only in Europe, right? wonder where and if this will get a physical release.
Diva F 2nd will get a physical release in both America and Europe, both the PS3 and Vita versions.

Dvia F got a physical release in America while was digital only in Europe, right? wonder where and if this will get a physical release.

Glad more people are going to get to play it, Project Mirai 2 is the real deal. I honestly think I like it better than the Project Diva main series. Plus it has Puyo Puyo!
Looks like this is our one allocated Puyo Puyo game for this decade.
Fingers still crossed for Puyo Puyo Tetris

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Wait, are we sure it's PM2 or it's a brand new PM?

omg_mjd

Sweet! Did not expect this at all. I only hope that the audio levels are decent. Many of my 3DS games are a little too quiet even at max volume.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, surprised the 3DS one got announced (still need to play Project Diva). In any case, nice to see Sega believe in the Vocaloid fanbase + the fans showing it was worth Sega's time to bring them over.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I have been meaning to check out a Hatsune Miku game but I never got round to it.

Hell yeah! Watched some footage of this online and it looked fantastic. Seems gameplay wise could be better than Project Diva.

Also in before a
Yakuza fan starts crying

I have moved on from Yakuza now I am after Shining Resonance to be localized, surely Sega won't pass up on a JRPG right?

kunonabi

That's the Nendoroid Miku game, right? The last time I saw this it looked very much like Britney's Dance Beat. Is the game any deeper than that? I like the cute look but if it doesn't play well I might skip this.

it's nothing like Britney and that wouldn't be a bad thing if it was. Rhythm games aren't all that deep to begin with. it does have a larger variety of inputs and more tracks and unlockables if that is what you're asking.

salromano

The JP source I referenced in my post about it just says it's a localized version of "Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai."

(Edit: Dengeki says its a localization of the Hatsune Miku Project Mirai series.)

But I'm pretty sure it's a localized version of the second game.

Just look at the logos. Remix is pretty much an exact copy of Mirai 2's logo:

Top Bottom