• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony renews UNTIL DAWN trademark

Man

Sony renewed the Until Dawn trademark today, July 9th: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=86326989&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

Revival on PS4 this Gamescom? Morpheus VR title?

332715032.jpg

Danlord

Almost definitely a Morpheus-related title, combined with the PS Move for the flashlight; perfect design for it. I do think Gamescom will be it's re-reveal.

Vuze

Oh almost forgot about this!
Witnessed a press demo at Gamescom 2012 and I really liked it. Let's hope it will finally get a release on PS4.

E: Morpheus release? Hm would make sense but I don't think so tbh. We'll see. VR-Horror is on a whole other level than "standard" Horror from what I've heard, might be too much with this one.

oti

Banned
I attended the presentation for that game a couple of gamescoms back if I remember correctly. What happened?

I attended the presentation for that game a couple of gamescoms back if I remember correctly. What happened?

The last time we heard about it they were asking people if they wanted Dual Shock support. I think that they realized that making a big budget Move only game wasn't the best idea.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Goods and services:

IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Downloadable computer graphics; Downloadable images in the field of adventure and horror entertainment
IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Posters

IC 035. US 100 101 102. G & S: Providing consumer information in the field of computer entertainment

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment information; Providing a website featuring entertainment information; Providing a website for entertainment purposes featuring photos and videos about adventure and horror; Providing entertainment information via a website

The older trademark, serial number 85693101, was abdoned on June 3, 2014. This new filing isn't in itself very interesting, but there's obviously something going on.

Also, it's not a renewal, but an entirely new application.

On that note, I noticed Sony also filed new TLoU trademarks recently for...

All purpose sport bags; Backpacks; Tote bags Baby bodysuits; Briefs; Headgear, namely, hats and caps; Jackets; Leggings; Pajamas; Pants; Shirts; Socks;Appointment books; Art prints; Blank journal books; Calendars; Comic books; Computer game instruction manuals; Note books; Pens; Picture books; Poster.

TLoU merchandising push incoming?

Krev

Unconfirmed Member

All purpose sport bags; Backpacks; Tote bags Baby bodysuits; Briefs; Headgear, namely, hats and caps; Jackets; Leggings; Pajamas; Pants; Shirts; Socks;Appointment books; Art prints; Blank journal books; Calendars; Comic books; Computer game instruction manuals; Note books; Pens; Picture books; Poster.

Makes sense with a movie potentially on the way.

oti

Banned
It's fitting, though, given what the inspirations are for the game.

I hope it does surface again soon, as a playable dead teenagers game is assuredly worth playing once.

Oh yeah, that what they're going for after all.

"Hey Brittany, let's go to that cottage deep in the woods in THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT BECAUSE WHY NOT?"

It's probably something to do with their Licensed Product program.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEFpSYZAoRo
This thing

Top Bottom