• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overkill Software (PayDay series) posts countdown timer on website

MattyG

Banned
IGN said:
PayDay 2 developer Overkill Software has put a teaser subpage on its website with a countdown timer and the words "Day 01."

The subpage of the domain, titled "/whatsnext," begins auto-playing the sound of a radio being tuned to a conversation between a man and a woman discussing the meaning of an oxymoron.

The countdown page's background appears to be a simple flash animation. However, inspection of the page's source code reveals it to be a full-screen YouTube video playing on a loop. The scene is that of a decrepit looking room, where a radiator, a light switch, and part of a door can be seen. Sunlight is hitting the wall through shades and shadows can be occasionally seen passing the window.

What do you guys think it could be? PayDay 3? New IP?
Just overhyping PayDay 2 Crimewave Edition?
Source
Countdown

A video of a wall with people talking in the background didn't really get me interested.

Since it's a month long countdown though, maybe they'll update the background as time goes on.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I guess it'll be some more masks and 50 new achievments.
I'd love for some actual new heists tough, they are always fun but sadly most of the heists they later put in the game are pretty lack-luster. I want more missions like Big Oil or Rats.

I hope it's the price and release date for Crimewave, and I hope it's priced at 60$ I need a good laugh today.

It says 'what's next' so I doubt this is for Crimewave hopefully Payday 3.

KarmaCow

I guess it'll be some more masks and 50 new achievments.
I'd love for some actual new heists tough, they are always fun but sadly most of the heists they later put in the game are pretty lack-luster. I want more missions like Big Oil or Rats.

What's wrong with Big Bank and Election Day? Shadow Raid I can understand if people don't like the pure stealth aspect but the other two are nicely varied.

Though I do want more big maps with more involved steps like in Payday 1.

MattyG

Banned
I should've mentioned this in the OP, but I think it's Payday 3 due to the fact that the 3 is the only number on the countdown that looks different. Probably a stupid assumption, but the 3 really stands out from all the other numbers.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
What's wrong with Big Bank and Election Day? Shadow Raid I can understand if people don't like the pure stealth aspect but the other two are nicely varied.

Though I do want more big maps with more involved steps like in Payday 1.

Those are pretty cool, I was more talking about the Go Bank (which is also not that bad tbh although it's pretty weird that it's just a CS GO map) and the aweful, aweful Armored Transporter thing.
The actual mission in AT is alright I guess (again, pretty weird that you steal a TF 2 turret) but only getting this mission by chance has to be one of the most baffeling design dessions ever.

KarmaCow

It would be really dumb to announce Payday 3 when they are still haven't released all the Payday 2 DLC they announced.

Those are pretty cool, I was more talking about the Go Bank (which is also not that bad tbh although it's pretty weird that it's just a CS GO map) and the aweful, aweful Armored Transporter thing.
The actual mission in AT is alright I guess (again, pretty weird that you steal a TF 2 turret) but only getting this mission by chance has to be one of the most baffeling design dessions ever.

Though Go Bank is small, it's actually a really well designed mission, both for stealth and loud. Stealth isn't just waiting for drills like in the Bank heists and requires everyone to do something while it's also one of the tougher loud heists.

The Armoured Transport missions are nice bitesized heists that actually require some team coordination, but I can understand not liking them. I prefer them over something like Mallcrashers. The turret in the Train Heist is just a nod like the L4D No Mercy reference in Payday 1.

Funny that you say the Train heist is random because they recently buffed the chance it will appear and now I actively try to avoid it since I rarely want to go through that mission when I choose to do an Armoured Transport heist.

destx

Perhaps they are finally going release a patch that fixes the godawful desync problems in their past two games.

demolitio

I have a hard time believing its Payday 3 considering they just got another 2-year contract to do DLC for Payday 2, but I would love a third one.

Top Bottom