• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom FY14 Q1: ¥9.56B Revenue, ¥0.7B Profit

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/news/html/e140731b.html
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/explanation/2014/1st/explanation_2014_1st_01.pdf
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Capcom Co., Ltd. would like to announce that net sales decreased to 9,575 million yen (down 45.1% from the previous year) in the 3 months of fiscal year ending March 31, 2015. As for profits, operating income increased to 1,268 million yen (up 75.3% from the previous year), and ordinary income increased to 1,223 million yen (up 6.3 % from the previous year). Net income for the current period decreased to 765 million yen (down 7.5 % from the previous year).

Capcom has promoted measures to improve earnings by reducing the cost of sales in the Mobile Contents sub-segment, etc. and cutting back on selling, general and administrative expenses, which resulted in 75.3% growth in operating income.

Revenue ¥9.56B (-45% yoy)
Opt income ¥1.22B (+75% yoy)
Net Income ¥0.7B (-7.5% yoy)

Digital Contents highlights

• a. In the Digital Contents business, "Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy" (for Nintendo 3DS) showed strong sales while "Dead Rising 3" (for Xbox One), which became a million-seller in the previous fiscal year, also remained robust. However, no major new titles were released in this period so sales focused on existing products.
  • b. As for online titles, "Monster Hunter Frontier GG" (for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii U) performed steadily.
  • c. In addition, the Mobile Contents sub-segment showed improvements in profitability as well as experienced favorable performance of "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for iOS".
  • d. However, overall performance was reduced as minor titles and repeat sales accounted for most of the lineup during the period under review due to a lack of major new titles.

Platinum titles March 31 > June 30

Code:
+---------------------------------------+----------------+---------------+-------+
|                                       | March 31, 2014 | June 30, 2014 |  Dif  |
+---------------------------------------+----------------+---------------+-------+
| Dead Rising 3                         | 1200k          | 1400k         | +200k |
| Resident Evil 5                       | 6600k          | 6700k         | +100k |
| Resident Evil 6                       | 5800k          | 5900k         | +100k |
| Dead Rising 2                         | 2800k          | 2900k         | +100k |
| Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City | 2300k          | 2400k         | +100k |
| DmC Devil May Cry                     | 1500k          | 1600k         | +100k |
| Resident Evil Revelations             | 1100k          | 1200k         | +100k |

Unit sales & forecast

Capcom sales this past quarter: 50% physical, 50% digital (overall 1.4m)

They plan to release 25 SKU this FY (down from 39 last FY). They expect to sell 13m games this FY (down from 17.5m last FY).

iYRBjf55jIQnA.png

I-hate-u

Despite Dead Rising 3 good numbers, they sold more units of games on PS3/PS4? Are there even PS4 Capcom games out there? Am I reading this right?

Vashetti

Banned
Very surprised RE5 is still selling enough to add 100k over a three-month period.

Underrated game IMO, I loved it.

Salex_

Despite Dead Rising 3 good numbers, they sold more units of games on PS3/PS4? Are there even PS4 Capcom games out there? Am I reading this right?

The top number is the amount of games released between PS3/PS4 and 360/X1. The bottom number is the actual software numbers.

Tizoc

Do they mention how well Ace Attorney 5 did? Can't access the links in the OP as I'm at work.

sublimit

Banned
c. In addition, the Mobile Contents sub-segment showed improvements in profitability as well as experienced favorable performance of "Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for iOS".

Oh great. -_-

Jawmuncher

Surprised they kept a profit considering they were just relying on stuff already released.

Wait is 2400 2.4 million?
How in the hell did ORC get that high.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
yas they better profiT

Sammy Samusu
I should post less pop-gaf speak spam. It's bad for my health.
(Today, 08:53 AM)

0.7Billion profit is "profiT?" That's barely good.

Jimmyfenix said:
Alright who keeps buying Dead Rising 2?

People on PC? People on PS3? Non-X-box 720 owners?

Capcom fucked up hard making Dead Rising 3 X-box exclusive, but at least they're trying to correct that... kinda.

Sammy Samusu
I should post less pop-gaf speak spam. It's bad for my health.
(Today, 08:53 AM)

0.7Billion profit is "profiT?" That's barely good.

People on PC? People on PS3? Non-X-box 720 owners?

Capcom fucked up hard making Dead Rising 3 X-box exclusive, but at least they're trying to correct that... kinda.

Since they have other older titles on the list i wonder why Street Fighter is missing from the list. Maybe they will talk about sales when Ultra hits retail.

Takao

Banned
I wonder how Capcom is still moving PSP/Vita software when they haven't launched anything at retail since 2012.

"In the Digital Contents business, "Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy" (for Nintendo 3DS) showed strong sales"

I know 50k is pretty good for what AA Trilogy is, but that's still a minuscule number to be the game Capcom's leading their reports with.

I wonder how Capcom is still moving PSP/Vita software when they haven't launched anything at retail since 2012.

"In the Digital Contents business, "Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy" (for Nintendo 3DS) showed strong sales"

I know 50k is pretty good for what AA Trilogy is, but that's still a minuscule number to be the game Capcom's leading their reports with.

I need to know how much Lost Planet 3 sold.

Vamphuntr

RE5 is selling as much as RE6 in that quarter if I'm reading this properly? That can't be good for RE6. RE5 Gold is now pretty old.

Vamphuntr

Is it really that easy to gauge something like this? Considering the game completely disappeared off radar for more than a year and how the whole soundtrack leaked on youtube during the time it went MIA I don't think it's unreasonable to think it wasn't going anywhere development wise without Microsoft's money. Considering Capcom got paid for it I'm not sure it's a bad deal.

I wouldn't be surprised if PC/steam sells more than gold copies.

I thought RE5 Gold was on Steam too. I checked and it seems I was wrong the DLC aren't available on PC. Yeah, it's pretty obvious PC sales are helping.

Shantom

RE5 has GFWL on PC, which is being shut down, and therefore Capcom haven't given the game a sale in quite a while, so the majority of sales at the moment probably are from consoles. Dead Rising 2 is in the same situation.

ZeroCDR

I'm hoping that's the case, my body is ready for a Steamworks update for RE5. I don't even care if they continue to skimp on the Gold Edition content, not that it should be that hard to port in the first place.

Riposte

RE5 has GFWL on PC, which is being shut down, and therefore Capcom haven't given the game a sale in quite a while, so the majority of sales at the moment probably are from consoles. Dead Rising 2 is in the same situation.

Do you have the numbers?

Nyoro SF

I'm hoping that's the case, my body is ready for a Steamworks update for RE5. I don't even care if they continue to skimp on the Gold Edition content, not that it should be that hard to port in the first place.

Capcom has shown a surprising amount of devotion to PC RE4, so here's hoping.

Shantom

Do you have the numbers?

Nope, but it seems obvious to me that RE5 getting no front page exposure on Steam for the last few months will have meant it hasn't sold that much in the last few months, especially when the reason for the game not getting its normal 75% off sale is because of uncertainty over its future. It's possible, going by the steam thread here, that Capcom are now preparing a new patch for RE5, so this should be resolved soon.

Is Capcom including digital sales for these various games? Because I don't think a lot of these older games are selling 100,000 more for the span of two months without including digital.

It's really frustrating, considering how digital sales are slowly become more relevant yet NPD doesn't track them.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Is Capcom including digital sales for these various games? Because I don't think a lot of these older games are selling 100,000 more for the span of two months without including digital.

It's really frustrating, considering how digital sales are slowly become more relevant yet NPD doesn't track them.
Yes, they list "DL" as a platform.

Are those DR3 numbers good or is this the reason why Capcom is releasing the game on PC?

Well if you consider the install base of the Bone they seem awfully good.

But the sales of the Bone have also stalled pretty hard, so it makes sense to release a PC version as well for more units sold, especially considering how close the current consoles are to PC architecture.

Top Bottom