• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So I'm literally weeping for our future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Adder

Banned
On patrol at work. Saw a black family. Little boy and girl. Couldn't be older than four. Got to thinking about my 11 and 7 year old niece and nephew. My 15 year old cousin and his 13 year old sister. All the shit they're going to have to put up with in this country. The fact that their lives aren't worth anything to far too many people here. That they can be killed for doing nothing wrong and people will jump to the defense of their murderers who will never have justice done on them.

I'm off the floor typing this in a back hall at work because I couldn't keep working because I'm in tears.

Fuck this system. Fuck the people in it. And especially fuck anyone who defends this shit.

Zyae

Literally?

This is the best time to ever be alive ever and every year gets better and better. Relax

Dash_

Institutional racism will lessen. It's just going to take time. We'll be dead but there's hope for those after.

Dereck

This stems from the recent police shootings right?

When I say recent, I mean between now and the last couple of years.

Sianos

I understand the fear, but the fact that these incidents are receiving publication and outrage is the first step to reducing them and encouraging society to grow up. This shit has plagued the United States. since the Europeans came, but now the majority speaks out against it.

The United States elected a black president. Granted, there is still a section of the country that utterly despises the fact that a black man is in office, but the majority rightfully so labels these people as a dying breed of lunatic.

I believe now is the time we'll get that much closer to a better world for everyone.

gdt

Yeah these past few days have sucked, but it will get better. It always does.

Also yeah man relax.

LX_Theo

Banned
Well... the world's fucked up but I think you've taken it a step or two too far down that line of reasoning than is logical.

Ultima_5

This has happened throughout human kind. Be thankful you only randomly get exposed to it randomly enough that it's still shocking and not the norm

Sianos

I suppose all the joke responses are coming from those privileged enough to have never experience discrimination, or among those who consider one slur to be proof of an underlying conspiratorial "reverse racism"?

Yes, the thread is worded a bit confusingly, but show some empathy.

OP stop being a drama queen. You think people whined about the state of the world over wi-fi during the Dark Ages? They were lucky if they got to say goodbye to their children before the Black Death took them away.

edit: You might be more depressed than I imagined, sorry for being an asshole. For what it's worth I was doing it for humor.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
try to be positive and enact social change on whatever level you can

be a role model, and a good friend and family member

it'll get better

it has to

The Adder

Banned
This stems from the recent police shootings right?

When I say recent, I mean between now and the last couple of years.

It was easy for me to deal with when I was in the youngest group it was going to impact. But shit, dude, the generation after mine's coming into their own and it's not getting any better while the people in a position to change anything are just getting more apathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom