• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze listed for PS3/360/3DS

Takao

Banned
lifelower found this and posted it on Twitter:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-of-the-Ooze-for-Xbox-360/productID.306856400

The Turtles are up to their shells in trouble in this latest game for Xbox 360 based on their newest movie. Taking on Shredder and his mutant allies, Rahzar and Tokka, the famous green heroes in a half shell must capture and destroy the dangerous ooze to make the world safe again for Turtles, humans, and pizza.

NewEgg has it listed for PS3 and 3DS as well.

Reease date is October 28th for $39.99.

This is at least the fourth different TMNT game Activision has pumped out in the last year or so. I'm sure this will be great ...

Ooccoo

they know parents will buy the games for their kids because of the movie

pathetic, the last good tmnt game was turtles in time (not hd)

Why can't this be a 2D beat em up? Do companies not realize how much fun that shit is? Other weekend at a friend's house we loaded up the TMNT Arcade game on 360 and had a ball. Make a co-op game like that, little financial risk, people would love it.

G-Fex

Why can't this be a 2D beat em up? Do companies not realize how much fun that shit is? Other weekend at a friend's house we loaded up the TMNT Arcade game on 360 and had a ball. Make a co-op game like that, little financial risk, people would love it.

then if they did then you'd complain how much this beat em up sucks, and how it's not as good as the original arcade game or turtles in time.

That's all everything ever boils down to. It's almost boring.

lifelower found this and posted it on Twitter:
http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...-of-the-Ooze-for-Xbox-360/productID.306856400

NewEgg has it listed for PS3 and 3DS as well.

Reease date is October 28th for $39.99.

This is at least the fourth different TMNT game Activision has pumped out in the last year or so. I'm sure this will be great ...
I overlooked this detail. I just saw the preorder option at Amazon and didn't realize until now that this was a retail release. So much for my plans of shelling out (pun!) $15. With WayForward at the helm, I still may pull the trigger.

Looking forward to seeing vids of this game in motion. Granted, WF's Double Dragon Neon didn't look good in videos but turned out pretty dang fun.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Yeah, those are from the 3DS game based on the movie. The radio silence regarding this one is not exactly reassuring, though.

Well, Jeremy Parish did an interview with the director, in case you hadn't seen that, but there's no new screens or footage:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/turtlevania-on-the-non-linear-design-of-tmnt-danger-of-the-ooze

Activision's terrible like that, they did exactly the same thing with the recent Transformers 3DS game (a SRPG by Wayforward... it sucks, incidentally). They've got a Legend of Korra 3DS game coming, too, but they haven't said much about that one, either (another SRPG, another licensed developer... yeah, it'll suck too).

Peff

Well, Jeremy Parish did an interview with the director, in case you hadn't seen that, but there's no new screens or footage:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/turtlevania-on-the-non-linear-design-of-tmnt-danger-of-the-ooze

Activision's terrible like that, they did exactly the same thing with the recent Transformers 3DS game (a SRPG by Wayforward... it sucks, incidentally). They've got a Legend of Korra 3DS game coming, too, but they haven't said much about that one, either (another SRPG, another licensed developer... yeah, it'll suck too).

Yeah, dumping the game and getting people to take one for the team seems to be the new tactic to scratch some extra sales from licensed games. That new Adventure Time game has barely been shown once or twice in half a year. This one might be decent if it's upper-tier licensed Wayforward fare, so if it were downloadable I think I would bite, but retail price... I dunno. Guess we'll find out next week!

Krejlooc

Banned
So reading that description, as someone who loved TMNT as a kid but hasn't paid attention to it in like 2 decades, the latest movie is basically a remake of TMNT2: Secret of the Ooze?

...I might just take my nephew to go see that.

Got it on 360.

It nails the humor of the show and the script is decently funny.

Level design is good. Lots of places to go, the sewer and new york maps seem decently complex. Combat is bad. You mash for a combo, then you hold the attack button down to spin your weapon, while spinning, you tap a direction on the stick in four directions for a different "shell kicker" attack. This takes a fucking while to do, and is really awkward. That's it for combat.

You take damage from everything just by touching it. You touch a footsoldier, you take damage, but you also get damaged by his attacks, but you have a block button. So...it makes little sense. Have one or the other. Since the combat is not fun, you just want to platform away from everything and not deal with it.

Graphics are super simple. This should have been a downloadable title, not something sold at retail for 39.99.

You start off with very little life. When you lose one turtle, you have to scour the map to find him again to have him join your party. This is kinda annoying.

The best thing about the game is the title screen of the game, which is a recreation of the comic book cover and NES game boxart.

Got it on 360.

It nails the humor of the show and the script is decently funny.

Level design is good. Lots of places to go, the sewer and new york maps seem decently complex. Combat is bad. You mash for a combo, then you hold the attack button down to spin your weapon, while spinning, you tap a direction on the stick in four directions for a different "shell kicker" attack. This takes a fucking while to do, and is really awkward. That's it for combat.

You take damage from everything just by touching it. You touch a footsoldier, you take damage, but you also get damaged by his attacks, but you have a block button. So...it makes little sense. Have one or the other. Since the combat is not fun, you just want to platform away from everything and not deal with it.

Graphics are super simple. This should have been a downloadable title, not something sold at retail for 39.99.

You start off with very little life. When you lose one turtle, you have to scour the map to find him again to have him join your party. This is kinda annoying.

The best thing about the game is the title screen of the game, which is a recreation of the comic book cover and NES game boxart.

Thanks for the feedback, Castor. Sounds like it has very "interesting" play mechanics. I am still very intrigued; I may wait for it to go on sale.

I actually thought it was going to be a downloadable game until I stumbled upon the pre-order listing on Amazon. A TMNT game by WayForward just screams XBLA (in a good way!), so seeing it listed as a retail item priced at $40 was a stunner.

I reserved this at the library and it's available, but I don't have time for it now. I'm thinking about just passing altogether, because of low reviews and limited time. How long is it? Also what about the achievements and difficulty?

Top Bottom