• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall - Upcoming Update #6 Preview

T.O.P

Banned
GAME UPDATE SIX
NEW FEATURES (All Platforms)

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Marked For Death is Now its own Permanent Game Mode! - When we first introduced Marked For Death, we were planning to rotate it out for another mode after a couple of weeks, but the enduring popularity of the mode convinced us to bring it on full-time. There will now be a Marked For Death playlist to choose from, along with custom Marked For Death loadouts to unlock.

Added Modes for Colorblind Titan Pilots - Three colorblind options (protanopia, deuteranopia, and tritanopia) have been added. They affect IFF glows, crosshair colors, and names above heads.

Pssst...wanna buy a burn card? - Black Market Daily Deals now include the ability to buy individual Burn Cards from a limited, ever shifting stock. These items are in short supply, so prices may vary.

Gambling is for Winners - Roll the Dice is a new ultra-rare Burn Card that gives you the ability to tap into your entire deck from inside a match. It’s the Fabergé Egg of burn cards if you will.

Burn Card Auto Fill - Toggle the new Burn Card Auto Fill option in the Burn Card Menu and it will automatically fill empty Burn Card slots for you. Never fight empty-handed again.

Late to the Game - Joining late is no longer penalized. If you join a match that is more than half way over and your team is not winning, a loss will not be counted on your record. If the match is a win for your team, we’ll count it as one. We’ve also added a warning message noting you will receive a loss on your record by leaving a match in progress.

IMPROVEMENTS AND OPTIMIZATIONS

FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.

Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.

The score is now shown in the center of the screen at the end of each Last Titan Standing round.
New HUD Icons for team Titan counts and players using Burn Cards have been added. Last Titan Standing now shows the number of Pilots left alive on each team.
New voiceover for Round Won and Round Lost events as well as noting whether the gap between the teams’ scores is increasing or decreasing.

GAMEPLAY CHANGES

Titans no longer show up on the minimap when they dash.
Atlas and Stryder melee damage values have been switched to mirror their original design intent. The Titan melee damage order is now: Stryder, Atlas, Ogre from least to most. This is also consistent with the hierarchy of damage for the Big Punch mod.
To stem the influx of Burn Cards at higher levels, the Bonus XP-to-Credits conversion rate for max level players has been adjusted.
As part of the pan-galactic stimulus package, credits for selling rare Burn Cards have been increased from 200 to 400.

BUG FIXES (All Platforms)

For the Black Market we slightly reduced the chance to get rare cards in the Standard Pack, and increased the number of rare cards in the Premium Pack from 4 to 5.
The Auto-Titan vortex effect should no longer orient incorrectly.
Fixed the shotgun, vortex fireback, and arc cannon bypassing Titan shields when used against a Pilot doing a friendly rodeo.
The map Export no longer contains areas where you can shoot through covered windows.
Grenades should now be better at predicting their movement at high frame rates.
Fixed a rare crash bug on Demeter in Campaign mode.

BUG FIXES (Xbox One)

Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't.
Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
Connecting a SmartGlass device to the X1 while Titanfall is running should no longer cause a crash.
You should no longer be able to get behind walls when rodeoing a Titan that is ejecting on Relic.
Titan OS no longer says that you are being attacked by an Enemy Pilot when you are inside an enemy Dome Shield.

BUG FIXES (PC)

Fixed incorrect leave game dialog behavior when in a party.
Coming Soon in a Future Update

New game modes including Wingman Last Titan Standing.

8v8 Pilot only mode?

71999392.gif

Pilot Skirmish is the New Featured Game Mode - Pilot Skirmish is an 8v8 mode with no AI and no Titans. Due to the difference in player sizes with the rest of the game modes, Pilot Skirmish will not be among the game modes played when choosing Variety Pack playlist.

Fucking finally. Awesome.

VanWinkle

Okay, I may have to actually play this game again for Pilot Skirmish. THAT is EXACTLY the only mode I want to play on this game. I hate titans, and I hate AI on the maps, so I never play the game.

Great news.

Omega

Banned
i know everyone is hyped for pilot skirmish, but this has potential to be the best update if it actually works

Matchmaking - Faster searching, improved team balancing, increasing the likelihood of being in full games, and drastically lowering the chance of having lopsided (e.g. 6v3) matches.

ethomaz

Banned
Finally the mode I asked... Titanless with more players.

I still want a 12v12 Titanless mode... the maps are big enough.

Goon Boon

Banned
8v8 is really fucking rad, but honestly I hope the sequel has support for bigger player counts than that out of the box.

I should get my Xbox One with Titanfall in the coming days. Can't wait for it!

Feel free to add me for some Titanfall action!

GT: Navidson REC

dugdug

Banned
Hahaha, I love how, to get people excited about Titanfall again, they had to basically remove Titanfall from itself.

Looking forward to trying it out.

Hahaha, I love how, to get people excited about Titanfall again, they had to basically remove Titanfall from itself.

Well, as far as I can tell from the impressions I got, the extremely fluid and free traversal on-foot is as much an integral part of Titanfall as are the titans themselves.

People have been asking for a Pilots only mode since the game was in beta.

I can see this becoming a lot people's main mode of play.

edit: The on-foot traversal is Titanfall's biggest strength, not its Titans :)

VanWinkle

Kinda, but I LOVE the pilot movement in this game. I just hate the titans and the AI stuff.

Now if only they could get rid of the screen tearing and framerate drops.

Montresor

"Fixed issue where a user couldn't sign in to Titanfall if there is a second account on the system which has access to Titanfall DLC content which the first user doesn't."

Oh god yes. I made a post about this on the Titanfall OT. I wonder if I spurred this on. *tee hee* Oh well, this + everything else is good news.

Chobel

FX Optimizations - Optimizing effects processing and moving more effects rendering work onto additional CPU cores is a good thing. So we did that.

This probably means less framerate issues and screen tearing on Xbone.

Alx

Nice to have Marked for Death as a permanent mode, with all the asterisk warnings I was fearing the moment they'd remove it. :p
Will try the pilot Vs pilot mode, but I think I'd miss the grunts and titans.
I appreciate the auto-filling of burn cards, I forgot too manytime to pick new ones at the start of a round. I hope the selection is random, it could spice up the games with a touch of surprise. :)

Vestax

Banned
Damn! The Skirmish mode sounds great. I have a feeling I'll be playing this a lot when I get an XB1.

Still waiting on that XB1 Performance Patch mentioned at launch.

k4n3

Banned
so the one thing that makes titanfall unique they are removing and people are celebrating... that doesn't say much for the game then, i guess you could say its like battlefield having infantry only modes but isn't this mode pretty much just Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?

ethomaz

Banned
It is fun to return to that thread about Titanfall where me and some guys said they could bring a mode without Titans because the gameplay is great but the Titans didn't add nothing to the experience... well some guys tried to explain the Titans were a core part of the game and can't be removed.

Months after... a mode without Titans released.

I'm really interested in give this game a new chance... the issue for me is the lack of PC community... maybe it get better with this update.

Bsigg12

Damn! The Skirmish mode sounds great. I have a feeling I'll be playing this a lot when I get an XB1.

Still waiting on that XB1 Performance Patch mentioned at launch.

This sounds like it'll help performance by offloading more to the CPU. We'll see though.

Leyasu

Banned
Holy fuck yes!!! 8 vs 8 is going to be great... Plus colour blind options.

8 vs 8 with the parkour is going to be god-tier...

Kade

so the one thing that makes titanfall unique they are removing and people are celebrating... that doesn't say much for the game then, i guess you could say its like battlefield having infantry only modes but isn't this mode pretty much just Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare?

There's more to Titanfall than just titans. You talk as if this is a permanent removal of the titans when all this is is a game mode.

mtodavk

Could a new patch be the possible reason why I am constantly getting disconnected from the server? Tried to play the game for the first time in about a month and couldn't connect to a single match.

If we're being reductionist.. how about it's wolf 3d with wall running?

T.O.P

Banned
Could a new patch be the possible reason why I am constantly getting disconnected from the server? Tried to play the game for the first time in about a month and couldn't connect to a single match.

Patch is not yet out so it's not that

Riky

$MSFT
Can anyone explain to me what the bots even add to the gameplay, other than being an annoyance?

You harvest them to get your build time down, you can take them over with some burn cards to increase your score and good players kill them to lure other pilots.

If there is one main thing I will give Titanfall it's the huge support from the dev team constantly working on updates to improve the game.

In a way... it's like march was an early access release and the true game is this winter.

This really would have been nice at release. I really wanted to play that gametype. Now of course its impossible to find a game in my local server and even on other region servers I can at best get a TDM or Hardpoint with terrible pings and frequent disconnects. :/

The one thing I don't like about this game is titan combat. I typically never call them in and if I do I don't bother to pilot it.

Top Bottom