• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RUMOR: Benedict Cumberbatch being eyed for 2 DC Comics roles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReiGun

Take it with a grain of salt as always. From CinemaBlend

When it comes to a rumor of a celebrity's involvement in a particular project, there's typically one specific role they're supposedly earmarked for. In the case of Benedict Cumberbatch and DC, there's not only one but two different roles he's supposedly being considered for in both Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice and Justice League. One role, that of Martian Manhunter, didn't surprise Cumberbatch when he was asked about it at last night's GQ Man Of The Year awards. However, there was one role that even he didn't know he was being considered for.

BBC Newsbeat reports that in addition being considered for the green skinned martian bountyhunter/future member of the Justice League, he is also being considered for a villainous role in Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice as well. If Cumberbatch's comments are any indication as to the degree of truth to these rumors, one rumor sticks to the wall better than the other, as he responded, "That's a fun one, I've not heard that one until tonight," in regards to the Batman v. Superman: Dawn Of Justice role.

ID1.jpg
1887948-martian_manhunter.jpg

I personally think he'd kill it as J'onn. And no, not just because he already looks like an alien. :p There's a couple villains he'd be good for too, but none I can see being in BvS or JLA. Except maybe Brainiac.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Surprised Marvel didn't snatch him up first. MCU is huge on Tumblr, along with Cumberbatch.

Crisco

Banned
He should play a mutant with superhuman cognitive abilities, the power to observe a person or location and know everything about it almost instantly.

Didn't Goyer or whatever say something about Manhunter being too niche and then insulted the crowd by calling anyone who knew about him virgins?

Ri'Orius

Now that I think about it, I'd really like to see him play the Joker. It's completely outside the roles I've seen him in, but I expect it'd be fascinating to see his take.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Where is the outrage from comic-gaf about them casting a white guy for a black character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom