• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAME.co.uk list Rise of the Tomb Raider for PS4: "not a joke"

fantomena

surprise+mother+fucker+dr+heckle+funny+wtf+gifs.gif

Kezen

Banned
PC and PS4 versions are certainly planned but the big question is : when ?
Microsoft and SE's deal is timed but little is known beyond that.

LiK

The fact that they want people preorder it now is a joke since it won't be coming out anytime soon especially for PS4.

And yes, already confirmed a timed exclusive.

curb

Banned
I don't think Best Buy here in Canada ever bothered to take down their PS4 listing either. I also love how they have to specify "artwork not final" on that listing.

sense

Personally I feel like the game will be out october or november 2015 for xbox one and out for PC and PS4 in January or February 2016 just by noticing how MS are stressing the fact it is exclusive in Holidays 2015. if it was six months or longer they would not need to stress that imo.

emrober5

Everyone knew this was coming to ps4 eventually. However, I didnt expect to hear anything more about it until after the Xbox release.

winstano

I know it was confirmed as a timed exclusive, but some of the wording still hinted that it was only coming to PC (co marketing/dev $ from MS etc)...

Kayant

Old listing btw it's been there for a while but unlike say amazon which corrected their after the timed announcement for now they haven't fixed their's yet.

I know it was confirmed as a timed exclusive, but some of the wording still hinted that it was only coming to PC (co marketing/dev $ from MS etc)...

Not a chance. Their wording would have been much more concrete if that were the case. Like with Titanfall after they confirmed it was staying with Xbox for the life of the product.

Nzyme32

Timed exclude me if old.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/m/rise-of-...Size=20&categoryIdentifier=641164&catGroupId=

So GAME have listed ROTTR for ps4. No release date on there, but when pressed by Jim from Videogamer.com as to whether it was a joke, the response was simply "nope." (Can't get a screen as I'm on my mobile at the moment)

The placeholder boxart states "only on playstation", but, y'know... Placeholders!

How is this not already extremely obvious? It been known for quite some time that it is only a timed exclusive for Microsoft. This should be thoroughly expected. If there is an actual release date attached to it, that would be interesting to report. Any other exclusivity remarks are what is exciting you, it can easily be with extra features added down the line - exclusive by technicality

I mean everyone came right out and said it was a timed exclusive after gamescom.

I am sure some opportunistic retailers will use this as a change to get some pre order money out of PS4 people. "hey its coming eventually so pre order now!!1!".

Chobel

Not a chance. Their wording would have been much more concrete if that were the case. Like with Titanfall after they confirmed it was staying with Xbox for the life of the product.

Not really, the wording wasn't concrete for neither Ryse nor Dead rising 3, and these games aren't coming to PS platforms.

Winter John

Gold Member
It's ancient. It's been up on their site ever since the game was announced. GAME being GAME they just haven't bothered to remove it.

Not really, the wording wasn't concrete for neither Ryse nor Dead rising 3, and these games aren't coming to PS platforms.

Nobody ever probed MS on those games, it was always assumed to be exclusive because MS was the publisher. ( like how no one questions Halo, Forza, etc )

It's a different time now for MS, especially if they don't own the IP.

Chobel

Nobody ever probed MS on those games, it was always assumed to be exclusive because MS was the publisher. ( like how no one questions Halo, Forza, etc )

It's a different time now for MS, especially if they don't own the IP.

Of course, I know that, I'm just giving a counter example to his argument (sorta of).

Top Bottom