• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trailer Park Boys Season 8 |OT| Greasin' up Netflix, Sept 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vert boil

Quick OT since none of you greasy bastards made one.

Probably best if we use the House of Cards spoiler rules.
cornball said:
Regarding spoilers, since all of the episodes will be up immediately for streaming, we're in something of a gray area. After some discussion, we decided that all discussion will be tagged and labeled for the first two weeks (until Sept 19th) while people are initially watching the series, and then after that we'll go to full discussion of everything without tags. Please spoiler tag any discussion and label which episode you're talking about outside of the tags: e.g. Ep 3:
I can't believe Randy killed another hooker.

1002tsk6.png
2517suw.png
tpbbannerbfrg8.jpg

10 episode season. All episodes will be released at the same time. September 5th on Netflix, worldwide.

Season 9 will also be airing on Netflix this fall (no date yet) will air March 2015.

The boys picked up the rights to make the show themselves in 2013. Here's a quick run down of the events since they got them.

God bless wikipedia said:
On July 4, 2013, it was announced that Tremblay, Wells and Smith acquired the rights to Trailer Park Boys and confirmed it would return with an eighth season. Principal production took place from July–September 2013, back on location in an existing mobile home community in Truro, Nova Scotia. In late September 2013, Mike Smith announced on the SwearNet Facebook page that the cast and crew had also returned to the location in September to shoot content for two new specials, that Season 8 had been "rough cut" into ten episodes, and that SwearNet was seeking network deals in addition to its plans to webcast the new material.

On December 27, 2013, Smith confirmed on Twitter that a ninth season will go into production in Spring 2014. Although creator Mike Clattenburg is not involved, he is still an executive producer of the revived series.

On March 5, 2014, Netflix announced that the two new seasons of Trailer Park Boys will air exclusively on their streaming service later this year. In addition to season 8 and 9, the network will also air three specials, Community Service Special, Swearnet Special, Trailer Park Boys Xmas and two new films, Trailer Park Boys 3: Don't Legalize It and Swearnet, after their theatrical release.

Prior to getting the rights, the boys set up a streaming service called SwearNet. During production, they have been showing behind the scene footage on the service. The season 8 videos are available (not sure if it's all of them) on their youtube page now.

Filmography,

The Cart Boy (1995 short)
One Last Shot (1998 short)
Trailer Park Boys (1999 film)
Season 1 (2001)
Season 2 (2002)
Season 3 (2003)
Season 4 (2004)
Dear Santa Claus, Go Fuck Yourself (2004 special)
Season 5 (2005)
Hearts of Dartmouth: Life of a Trailer Park Girl (2006 special)
Season 6 (2006)
Trailer Park Boys: The Movie (The Big Dirty) (2006 film)
Trailer Park Boys 101 (2007 special)
Season 7 (2007)
Say Goodnight to the Bad Guys (2008 tv film)
Countdown to Liquor Day (2009 film)
Don't Legalize It (2014 film)
Live in Fuckin' Dublin (2014 concert film)
Swearnet: The Movie (2014 movie) The boys play themselves in this.
Season 8 (2014)
Season 9 (2015)
Community Service Special
Swearnet Special
Trailer Park Boys Xmas
Season 10
Season 11

Media,
Netflix announce trailer
Season 8 trailer
Season 8 behind the scenes

Links,
Netflix page
SwearNet
Twitter
Wikipedia
Youtube

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Corey and Trevor should stop stealing gas. It's wrong.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I've been prepping for this. Finally saw Don't Legalize It a couple weeks ago to tide me over, but now the real season is finally here (almost).

For some reason I just assumed that both Season 8 and 9 were getting released the same day. Oh well, can't wait until tomorrow.

The winds of shit are in the air...

KrellRell

Just started watching this on Netflix a few weeks ago. Finished up Season 4 last night. I had always caught a few episodes here and there, but watching it start to finish is something else. This show is amazing, can't wait!

Tucah

you speak so well
Can't fucking wait. I've spent all week rewatching the show, today's the big marathon day with half of S6, S7 and the movies to go through.

Striker

Haven't seen Don't Legalize It until just recently.

Guess they had to have a reason to write off the Ray character as he wasn't returning to Season 8+. But I loved that character and was one of the funnier guys on the show. Losing both him and Phil Collins is going to be a blow.

Hoping Season 8 is fun times.

Helmholtz

Been a long time since I watched any of the series, but I loved it when I saw it back in high school or whenever. Caught their latest movie 'don't legalize it', was pretty funny, maybe not quite as good as their old stuff but it kind of got me in the mood again. Pretty cool to see that a majority of the original cast is still doing their characters, and doing them well at that. I'll be watching this.

Pein

Banned
frozen mixed vegetable cocks!

Gonna miss phil collins, too bad ray and trevor aren't coming back.

jstripes

Banned
I remember when Trailer Park Boys was the pride of Showcase.

Then Canwest bought Showcase and turned that channel to shit.

Netflix is really stepping up their game lately with all these great acquisitions.

gosox333

I feel like Don't Legalize it was by far the best Movie of the 3 they've put out.

It would've been a pretty perfect place to end the show, too. But I'm not complaining about more at this point.

Helmholtz

Wait Corey and Trevor aren't coming back?
Corey is returning, Trevor isn't. Note that they both haven't appeared in trailer park boys stuff for a while. If I recall correctly, they weren't in the last season of the show or the last (two?) movies.

DJMicLuv

That's me set for the evening.
Dirty burger in one hand and smoke in the other.
it's about to get greasy, boys.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I feel like Don't Legalize it was by far the best Movie of the 3 they've put out.

It would've been a pretty perfect place to end the show, too. But I'm not complaining about more at this point.

The Big DIrty is the best! I thought the latest one made the boys feel way sadder, like they deserved my pity way more than my respect. Bubble's too old to be slingin' chicken and liquor, nah'm sayin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom