• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward the most and why? Xenoblade X or FFXV?

Bl@de

Persona 5

ok-then.gif

sublimit

Banned
Still XBX. I have a lot more faith in FFXV actually fucking coming out now. Nomura being gone is a big plus and has fueled my hope that it might actually be somewhat bearable. It's obviously very pretty, the combat looks sorta neat. But I still want to know exactly what that "road trip" angle is going to mean in the end. What control you have over that car, where you can stop, where you can actually go or are you locked into this glorified hallway the whole way with this beautiful scenery that you can't actually explore until the game comes to a point where it allows exploration... I have too many questions and not enough faith in Square's integrity at this point. Especially considering how much of a clusterfuck development has been on that project.

Lol.If that was to happen then it would have been a disaster of unpreceded proportions. :p

RalchAC

Did you see the trailer? Did you read the dialogue? Did you?

Looked like the kind of dialog a bunch of friends on a road trip would say. Don't see the problem.

Persona 5

ok-then.gif

Yup, really excited for that.

Lol.If that was to happen then it would have been a disaster of unpreceded proportions. :p

I think that road trip could be the demo / prologue. Our simmering like that. It's be quite a cool idea having 4-5 areas available in the demo and giving a bunch of objectives si you can explore and do some stuff with the battle system.

It'd be cool if you could actually handle it though.

sublimit

Banned
I think that road trip could be the demo / prologue. Our simmering like that. It's be quite a cool idea having 4-5 areas available in the demo and giving a bunch of objectives si you can explore and do some stuff with the battle system.

It'd be cool if you could actually handle it though.

People would go batshit crazy if the car sections in the demo are on rails and you can't go out of the road.It would also not reflect the true concept of the game since from what they have shown in the trailer you can drive the car wherever you want,get out of it and start exploring.

I think it would be better to include only one smaller area that you could freely explore within its limits rather than including 4-5 areas in which the car takes you automatically without you having any control of it.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
for me, the best parts of FFXV trailer reminded me about XenobladeX. so, so far I confirm Xeno, but I'm interested in FFXV now! unlike back in the days with FFXIII

redcrayon

Xenoblade X by a long way. The last one was my favourite JRPG of the generation.

It's been 8 years since an FF game I really enjoyed. No matter how big a budget it has for the haircuts this time, it's relegated to a B-list series for me until proven otherwise. I'll wait for the reviews and player feedback, then tentatively give it a go if they've learned anything about making a game rather than a series of films about the director's new wank fantasy.

Effect

Easily looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X more. This even after seeing the latest TGS trailer for Final Fantasy. While it looks nice that's all I'm seeing at the moment. It's given an idea of what battles might be but I have no faith in Square Enix.

Xenoblade on the other hand I know what I'm getting. After Xenoblade Chronicles I have a lot of faith in Monolith Soft and Nintendo. The substance seems to be there.

That's not to say I wouldn't want to play Final Fantasy. However I'm not going to be looking forward to it. I'd like to give it a fair shot when the time comes if I end up with a PS4 at some point.

After last night's trailer for FFXV, my excitement for it has greatly increased, but I'm still a fair bit more excited about Xenoblade Chronicles X.

RPGCrazied

Both. I can't choose. Well, XV for the prettier effects and graphics, but Xenoblade X is no slouch in graphics other than weak character models. As an avid RPG fan, I can't really be hyped more for one or the other.

sublimit

Banned
FF15, not a huge fan of mechs and that seems to be a big part of Xenoblade x. Still excited for it though.

There used to be mechs in XV as well (from what they have shown in a trailer many years ago) although i have no idea if that is still a thing.

AniHawk

update

after first tgs 2014 trailer:
xcx - 24
ffxv - 13
p5 - 2

total:
xcx - 291
common reasons:
-xenoblade chronicles x will actually come out
-no faith in square enix
-xenoblade chronicles was awesome

ffxv - 111
common reasons:
-nothing beats a brand new final fantasy
-i don't have a wii u
-xenoblade chronicles wasn't that great

p5 - 19
common reasons:
-my car broke down
-i'm joe namath

Put me in the Xenoblade camp. While Chronicles was heavily flawed, I am hoping the devs will improve on this and the footage so far looks great.

FFXV on the other hand... This game just looks degenerated to me. It is a shame what happened since the golden days of the PSOne era.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
With Tabata's comments on XV I wonder if there will be any change of opinion. I've certainly cooled off on the game (not writing it off though, still interested).

Was gonna get both, but due to recent comments from Tabata about how FFXV is going to be a "casual, one button" game I'll just get Xenoblade X.

Anbec7

Xenoblade X

While XV looks cool, I don't know anymore it could be delayed, Square could change it.

So I'm exited for X more since it looks like it will come out :)

XenodudeX

XBX only because we know that it's coming out next year baring a setback. Western gamers won't be playing FF15 until 2016.

sublimit

Banned
i'm not sure how much more that could be. the game seems to be beating ffxv by quite a lot even after the immediate aftermath of the first tgs trailer.

I just hope this will translate to sales too.
Of course i'm not expecting XBX to sell more than FFXV (or anywhere near it) but it would be nice if the game becomes a hit in the West for Monolith and Nintendo.

Ok after hearing more about FFXV I care about it even less and less. I'm not sure how they can make a final fantasy game with a road trip, 4 male characters, and Kingdom Hearts-like combat. Also the game won't be out until 2016 at least....

Nicko

Xenoblade X

Though FFXV sure is growing on me.

But yea.. loved Xenoblade 1, and have been hyped for X like crazy since it was announced.

Azriell

Definitely Xenoblade. In the last decade or so, there have been more bad FFs than good (excluding FFXI expansions). Final Fantasy doesn't mean anything anymore, and Square is almost to the same point. To me, Square is like some band from 20 years ago that once had fame and critical success but is now just a bunch of washed-up has-beens. Square's one claim to fame they still hold onto is their beautiful graphics, but even the character design/art style has become a joke.

Meanwhile, many new players have come along as Square fell from grace, including Monolith Soft. Xenoblade mixed things that I liked in new and interesting ways. XCX seems to be taking the right steps to improve on XC, and that potential far outshines anything Final Fantasy can summon anymore.

I don't like the battle system in XB very much, I'd rather be interested in proper realtime like FF. But I think I like the wimpy JPop characters even less than anything in XB, which also comes with anime stereotypes, but not nearly as bad as FF.

Innolis

I might crack and buy a WiiU for xenoblade, monolith is about the only studio still delivering mind blowing stories on their JRPG's.

Akzel

Final Fantasy XV, I've been more into that franchise and I'm not a Wii U guy sadly. I did played Xenoblade Chronicles though but never finished it.

Takuan

Xenoblade because it's coming out sooner.

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if FFXV comes out towards the end of this gen. I can't look that far forward.

Edit: I'd rather FFXV come out before Xenoblade, though. Chances are I wouldn't give Xenoblade the time of day if that were the case. I can tolerate maybe one JRPG per generation.

genjiZERO

Neither. Xenoblade was too confusing to get into, and Final Fantasy is dead to me.

Now, I'd love a Xenosaga remake. Fix the shit parts of 2 and that would be awesome.

Buy the way, if anyone wants a copy of Xenoblade you can have mine for $45.

Mesoian

Persona 5

ok-then.gif

He ain't wrong.

Both Xenoblade X and FF15 have a lot of unknowns about them right now. I'll certainly play them, but there's no point in getting excited about either just yet. They're both doing a lot of interesting things while doing a lot of disappointing things as well. Those two games may end up having extremely emersive, expansive, interesting worlds which two very different very terrible combat systems.

Neither. Xenoblade was too confusing to get into, and Final Fantasy is dead to me.

Now, I'd love a Xenosaga remake. Fix the shit parts of 2 and that would be awesome.

...You say Xenoblade was too confusing, but you want a Xenosaga remake?

Xenoblade X:
1. Currently playing Xenoblade C and I was very surprised, I am not much into JRPGs but I am loving this game so far.
2. In HD, 4 times bigger, Monolith and Mechs that transform.

Not much into FF.

genjiZERO

It was confusing - in part - because the screen was to blurry I couldn't see what I was doing or going (I could barely read any of the text). Also, the gameplay seemed have an odd method to it. Maybe I just learned how to play Xenosaga when I had the tolerance for that sort of thing.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
He ain't wrong.

Both Xenoblade X and FF15 have a lot of unknowns about them right now. I'll certainly play them, but there's no point in getting excited about either just yet. They're both doing a lot of interesting things while doing a lot of disappointing things as well. Those two games may end up having extremely emersive, expansive, interesting worlds which two very different very terrible combat systems.

.....But we actually know a shit ton about XBX, and we even know more about FF15 then persona 5 now.

Top Bottom