• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The First 35 Cars of DriveClub [PICS]

I hope there are some gems in the last 15.

Some muscles and imports would be appreciated.

Edit: Any news on PS+ edition car list?

Xater

Some good stuff. Slightly disappointed by the German car selection. Those Astons are tasty though.

SmokyDave

"Hey guys! Do you remember cars existing before 2010?!"

"Nope".

Game looks great and I can't wait to play it, but man that's about as 'safe' a car roster as one could imagine.

This is why I never, ever want Gran Turismo to dump their legacy vehicles. It's the only way I can drive around with older, non-exotic cars.

This is not a swipe against DC though; they knew what they wanted, and got the proper roster for it. Many of these will look stunning on that engine of theirs.

stryke

I kinda get the impression they killed 2 birds with 1 stone here -

B3s2moy.jpg

"Hey guys! Do you remember cars existing before 2010?!"

"Nope".

Game looks great and I can't wait to play it, but man that's about as 'safe' a car roster as one could imagine.

It's basically the NFS approach, which tends to focus on modern cars.

Unfortunate this game doesn't have any lower/mid tier cars.

I guess that depends on what you mean by lower or mid-tier cars. It has cars like the Beetle and Golf.

BADNED

Sadly neither is that list totally correct nor the pictures.

Looks like a half assed fan effort. Seems he does not know the game well and about the cars even less so.

Abriael

Banned
I couldn't tell, but the title suggests a collection of images of the cars that will be in the game.

I did think that they were from the game itself to be honest.

You're not the only one lol. I just saw a website actually posting them specifying they were screenshots. I won't link to avoid shaming, but it was pretty hilarious.

Aah... the Lotus Hennessey Venom GT. This game will need to have 1) The heaviest traction control ever produced or 2) An outstanding crashes-into-the-wall-at-turn-1 AI. Probably both.

Actually a good collection. No half-assed supercars here (except the Lotus and Audi TT, huh?). Anyone who licenses out the RUF brand as a backdoor to Porsche gets a thumbs up. McLaren P1 please and maybe even one Japanese car? LFA maybe and surely a GT-R.

Fake edit: Aww, this isn't actually new info? Well, new to me!

How many of these will be available for the free PS+ version?

The PS+ Driveclub features ten cars.

From the PS Blog:
you can download DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition which comes with one location (India), 11 tracks, 10 cars and access to all game modes.

Anyway, nice enough list, I suppose, but I'd appreciate some vehicles manufactured in other decades besides this one.

I'm looking forward to the DRIVECLUB® Premium American Muscle Car DLC pack for a $7.99 value.

Aah... the Lotus Hennessey Venom GT. This game will need to have 1) The heaviest traction control ever produced or 2) An outstanding crashes-into-the-wall-at-turn-1 AI. Probably both.

Actually a good collection. No half-assed supercars here (except the Lotus and Audi TT, huh?). Anyone who licenses out the RUF brand as a backdoor to Porsche gets a thumbs up. McLaren P1 please and maybe even one Japanese car? LFA maybe and surely a GT-R.

Fake edit: Aww, this isn't actually new info? Well, new to me!

No Japanese cars at launch. They've said that they're looking into them for post launch support. Like I said before, i'm surprised that they'd leave out the LFA given how much emphasis they've put on sound in the game. That may very well be the best sounding car ever made.

Pejo

Still crossing my fingers that the BMW i8 makes it in. Been wanting to virtually drive that thing since i found out about it.

No Japanese cars at launch. They've said that they're looking into them for post launch support. Like I said before, i'm surprised that they'd leave out the LFA given how much emphasis they've put on sound in the game. That may very well be the best sounding car ever made.
Aah, thanks for the info. The LFA is going to be the only lasting legacy of the Toyota F1 program and the gagillion dollars they put into making a high-revving V10 in the early 00's.

Unfortunate this game doesn't have any lower/mid tier cars.

If you want that you've got Forza or GT. This game is obviously focusing only on high-performance vehicles.

Sony should have made PD share their car assets, then evolution could have cherry picked what they needed and probably also got the game out last year.

Ha ha; I seriously doubt any of that would have helped here. Evolution have been so thorough that they would have completely had to rebuild the car models regardless.

A pretty nice list, but to someone who's only a moderate car fan a lot of those models of BMWs or Aston Martins look the same. Would rather more cars from different manufacturers. And are all of those cars European?

dankir

Lots of cars missing from that list. What about 90's supercars? Only 1 McLaren but 5 - 6 Astons? Only 1 Lambo and a couple of Ferrari's?

That list needs to be fleshed out quite a bit.

Top Bottom