• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Great keyboard only PC games.

czk

Typical COD gamer
Hi,
I'm currently stuck in a foreign country with my laptop only and I'd love to play some great PC games, but unfortunately I don't have a mouse nor a gamepad with me.

Can you reccomend some great PC games that play well using keyboard only?

I'm thinking of maybe Demise Rise of Kutan or Heart of Darkness, etc.
I like RPGs, platformers, but the genre doesnt matter as long as the game is good.

I'd prefer mostly classics, because my laptop is a few years old.

meptrep

Old first person shooters are pretty fun with keyboard only. Doom, Rise of the Triad, etc. Descent and Descent 2 also play a lot better with just a keyboard than with a mouse, those are pretty fun but really a joystick is best.

Older platforming games are also pretty playable with a keyboard, if you were to download an emulator. I think the classic Megaman games play better with a keyboard than any sort of controller.

Corpekata

Banned
A lot of 2D platformers work fairly well, something like Thomas was Alone uses mainly WASD and space. Probably not great for combat oriented ones though.

iosef

6cYXQHz.jpg

Seriously!

butalala

If you have a 10-key number pad, Sid Meier's Pirates! controls great with keyboard-only. Actually, if you have a laptop that lets you hit fn to use other keys as a 10-key, that'll work too. That's how I played it back in the day. I'm referring to the newer remake, but I assume that the classic versions have the same controls.

FoxSpirit

Pinball games.
Namely Pinball Arcade, Zen Pinball and Pro Pinball.

Personally, Pro Pinball is currently my fave. Best feeling.

Also, Typing of the Dead Overkill has been recommended.

Top Bottom