• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl Season 4 |OT| Tuesdays 9/8c on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

OMehJm2.jpg

Jessica Biel promo
Episode List
Facebook
iTunes
Website

Season 4 preview

With the loftmates all single in the upcoming fourth season, the pursuit of love drives them all to extremes. In the season premiere, the gang attends the last wedding of the summer and Jess sets her sights on the best man (guest star Reid Scott, “Veep”) only to find competition from the hottest scientist in the room (guest star Jessica Biel, “Total Recall,” “New Year's Eve”). In other storylines, Schmidt tutors Jess on the not-so-fine-art of dating via mobile apps; Winston desperately wants his fellow police academy cadets to give him a nickname; Jess' dad (guest star Rob Reiner) returns with a new girlfriend, who happen to be Jess's high school nemesis (recurring guest star Kaitlin Olson, “It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia”); Nick and Schmidt must learn to share a room together; and Jess dates a man whose shortcomings below the belt fall way under the microscope.

Previous thread

Ogni-XR21

Thanks for the OT. Looking forward to this season, let's hope it's starting on a high note and doesn't need half a season to find it's form.

Vico

Catching up on the show right now.
Stopped right before Coach's return. I expect good things out of that.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Really didn't enjoy season 3. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Still gonna give this a chance and I hope it surprises me like it used to.

big ander

Feel like one of the few that enjoyed season 3, though I get why most didn't. Weirdly, I feel like season 3 was where the writers cemented how to pull jokes from each character (even coach) so now the writing can rely on the characters just existing...but it was also where the relationship of Nick and Jess made for some corrosive conflict. Optimistic about season 4.

RevoDS

How did S3 end up? After loving the shit out of S1 and S2, I found myself losing interest halfway through every S3 episode I saw and stopped watching altogether just before Christmas. The Coach stuff just annoyed me.

Did it find itself again later in the season? In other words, is it worth trying again to get into S3 and maybe the new season?

Really liked that episode. Lots of funny lines and they didn't overdo it with weird plotlines that nobody wants. Just lots of time of everybody hanging out. It's too early to call it a return to form, but I liked that episode more than probably 75% of last season.

mm04

How did S3 end up? After loving the shit out of S1 and S2, I found myself losing interest halfway through every S3 episode I saw and stopped watching altogether just before Christmas. The Coach stuff just annoyed me.

This was totally me too. Maybe I'll try and start again if it gets better. I used to love this show, then it became the 3rd funniest show on FOX on its night. Yeah, it was better than DADS, but B99 and Mindy whooped it in quality. Then they neutered Schmidt, my favorite damn character on the show. Anyway, I'll give the premiere episode a shot and see if it's changed at all.

Nice return to form. I didn't stop watching season 3. It may have been a drop in quality but it was still better than a lot of shit out there.

I liked the premiere. Schmidt seems back to normal, which is to say he's hilarious. Seems like a fairly welcome rest; everything's back to pre-Cooler conditions, except now we've got Coach and no fear of an inevitable Nick/Jess relationship. Maybe this won't be a show that can easily justify its continued existence any more, but fuck it, it's funny still, something it absolutely wasn't towards the end of last season.

Oh, and like I said, Biel killed it.

Really liked the episode, Schmidt and Nick's banter was hilarious. Coach's "that's really dark bro!" at Nick's awful joke at the end killed me for some reason.

S3 was a catastrophe, mostly because Nick & Jess together were fucking awful.

S4 premier was good. Lots of chances for everyone to do their thing.

Schmidt's opening with "Winter is coming" was great, the foursome thing was a riot especially when Winston had the salt & pepper scene, and Coach running into a bunch of chicks he one-nighted was done well.

Jess being Jess with the "sex fist" thing was funny too.

I hope it's a sign they know what was bad about s3 and can stay the course.

This episode was fucking hilarious. The Dice seminar with Schmidt abusing the buzzer had me rolling. Pairing him with Jess is something I'm surprised they haven't wrung dry yet, it still produces so much hilarity from both of them.

"I'll take the rock shrimp meatballs. What is this place?!"

First two episodes of this season totally redeemed the subpar season 3. This show is so much better off pretending that the Nick-Jess romance never happened.

People didn't like season 3?

I thought it was great. Ran through it on Netflix in two days.

I still loved it, but it was a drop from the second season, since Nick was too busy with relationship drama to be batshit insane, so it felt like an entire character was missing and was replaced with a boring plotline.

DJ_Lae

Haven't bothered catching up with my season 3 recordings - it just got awful.

Watched the premiere last night, it was good. Not mindblowing, but a lot better than the show has been and Schmidt was goddamn hilarious.

Didn't like the parts with Jess and her dad at all. The parts with the guys were good though.

The Jess/Bob plot was fine, I thought, but it wrapped up quite nicely. The bike bit was super out-of-nowhere and Jess really sold that hit. :lol

Pretty much everything in the Schmidt plot had me dying. "SPONGE!"

big ander

Schmidt and the guys side had most of the great jokes, though I though Zooey was in top form in her plot. Especially in that out of nowhere bike gag haha.

But the best joke and best delivery of the episode: "I'd be in trouble if you were black!" Kurt Braunohler is the funniest, hope his post-@midnight show Getting' Some Strange gets picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom