• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guilty Gear Xrd TGS 2014 trailer

L Thammy

Thanks. You're talking about the big beard guy (Leo?) when you say "potential last boss", right? Dr. Paradigm's in the trailer, wonder if he'll become playable eventually.

I think it's so neat how it looks both totally like an anime and 3D.

This is a pretty neat game. I'm a bigger fan of Blazblue than Guilty Gear, but this is still really neat. And Guilty Gear is one of my more favourite Fighting games. I hope it comes out for Steam.

El Sloth

Banned
Thanks. You're talking about the big beard guy (Leo?) when you say "potential last boss", right? Dr. Paradigm's in the trailer, wonder if he'll become playable eventually.
Yeah, mostly because he gets included in the shot near the end with all the other new characters.

Looks so good. I wonder if there will be a true story-mode to this game now that I see those dialogue scenes.

I want a bigger cast. I'd grow money from my loins if I could get a GGACP-sized roster for this game, shower my face with that DLC.

Azure J

Watching the character videos, Sin is eh, but Elphet is going to be HILARIOUS. Any character that allows me to randomly quote Notorious B.I.G. stuff mid match is automatically S tier in my eyes.

"You got a red dot on your head too!"

"Oh shit!"

Edit: Oh God she has BB Hood rockets, where do I sign up?

Teremap

Banned
Gods, that style. It's been said millions of times before but it really can't ever be over-emphasized just how GOOD the 3D artwork is. Incredible.

I just kind of wish the lip-syncing were better. I mean, I know it's how anime's done it for a long time, but it just looks kind of cheap, you know? That's the only black mark I can give to an otherwise spotless visual presentation. Everything else is just... ugh, so good!

wwm0nkey

Looks so good. I wonder if there will be a true story-mode to this game now that I see those dialogue scenes.

I want a bigger cast. I'd grow money from my loins if I could get a GGACP-sized roster for this game, shower my face with that DLC.

I'm sure we will be showered with DLC, I don't expect it immediately after launch, but I expect it.

TreIII

Pretty sure that Leo(?) guy was voiced by Tetsu Inada. If his character ever becomes playable, I'd be interested in playing him.

Even though XRD doesn't look to have ANY of my mains from past GGs, I'm sooooo hyped to play.

wwm0nkey

I have votes on a December 9th release for NA. They are not dubbing the game and since it seems like they are pushing this to be their big one I assume most of the English translations have already been done, we just wont get it until Tuesday.

Teremap

Banned
The trailer's so damned fast-paced it's easy to miss some of the better bits, but I tried anyway:
GGXrd3.jpg

GGXrd15.jpg

GGXrd13.jpg

GGXrd11.jpg

GGXrd17.jpg

GGXrd16.jpg

GGXrd10.jpg

GGXrd1.jpg

GGXrd14.jpg

GGXrd12.jpg

Tizoc

So double dipping.
Getting PS3 ver., then when my brother orders the PS4, I'll get the PS4 SE, cuz why the fuck not?

TnK

Anyone else feel that the artwork is a tad leaning towards the new look of anime minus old? The older games had a but of grit to it and the artwork was more old-school.

This game is embracing the new animu, but still maintains what GG is about.

Game looks awesome either way, can't wait.

Bishop89

I saw I-No in the trailer,
Fuck my life.

Day 1 still. That looks amazing.
Wasn't really a fan of blazblue, Guilty gear is better.

Volcynika

I have votes on a December 9th release for NA. They are not dubbing the game and since it seems like they are pushing this to be their big one I assume most of the English translations have already been done, we just wont get it until Tuesday.

Considering it is a big release, why wouldn't they dub the game (and it seems like you definitely know this somehow)? If they do it for the BlazBlue games and its sequels, I am sure they'll have a full English dub.

SykoTech

Has it been 100% that they are not dubbing? That would be a bit unexpected considering their BlazBlue games are. The Persona Arena ones too of course, but that's a given with Atlus.

Anyways, I think I've decided to get it on PS4. Want to experience this in all of its glory. Just need to actually get a PS4 now, heh.

wwm0nkey

Has it been 100% that they are not dubbing? That would be a bit unexpected considering their BlazBlue games are. The Persona Arena ones too of course, but that's a given with Atlus.

Anyways, I think I've decided to get it on PS4. Want to experience this in all of its glory. Just need to actually get a PS4 now, heh.
Honestly an assumption on my part but one of the best things about Guilty Gear is its JP voice acting. A dub would be cool but I personally don't see it happening with us still getting it this year and the lack of any dub trailer and us only getting subbed trailers for the title.

Who knows though, maybe they just haven't shown it yet, but I would imagine the PAX build would have at least had it.

SykoTech

Honestly an assumption on my part but one of the best things about Guilty Gear is its JP voice acting. A dub would be cool but I personally don't see it happening with us still getting it this year and the lack of any dub trailer and us only getting subbed trailers for the title.

Who knows though, maybe they just haven't shown it yet, but I would imagine the PAX build would have at least had it.

Yeah, it does seem odd that they haven't shown off a dub yet but are still insistent about it being release in the West this holiday. Might not be one.

I wouldn't really mind. Like with the Tekken games, I've grown more accustomed to subs for this.

Seyavesh

Anyone else feel that the artwork is a tad leaning towards the new look of anime minus old? The older games had a but of grit to it and the artwork was more old-school.

This game is embracing the new animu, but still maintains what GG is about.

Game looks awesome either way, can't wait.

it's the result of the 3d animation/models and 'cel-shading' style in general- that 'grit' detailing from hard thin lining for almost everything is missing 'cuz it doesn't carry across as well on 3d models. the characters being redesigned for that specifically probably is what's causing you to feel that since the artwork is just the 3d models straight up

if you mean the new characters then yeah they're definitely stylized after more modern anime tropes

also did anyone else notice that sol is wearing his alternate costume (from the pachinko game design) in that trailer? plus a new character reveal in that blonde bearded guy?

Pejo

Looks fantastic! Really interested in trying out Sin, but will probably stick with Chipp. We will see! Either way, day 1.

Top Bottom