• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s horror movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching ghoulies 2 for a bit but I switched to Critters.

80s horror was a special kind of horror IMO.

Anybody else dig old school campy horror?

Downhome

So many great ones, but my favorite of them all is Gremlins. That may be a bit too high profile for this thread. For that reason, I give you to you instead (Pumpkinhead)...

tuntNf9.jpg

thefit

There is a 80's zombie movie that they used to play around Halloween every year but I have never been able to find it anywhere and I don't know the tittle just have vague memories of it. So the zombies comeback on Halloween there's a blonde girl zombie in a 50's poodle skirt she looks normal then there is a midget ugly zombie and a bunch of others, they all end up at a Halloween party and because of the holiday no one knows that they are not alive. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about?

There is a 80's zombie movie that they used to play around Halloween every year but I have never been able to find it anywhere and I don't know the tittle just have vague memories of it. So the zombies comeback on Halloween there's a blonde girl zombie in a 50's poodle skirt she looks normal then there is a midget ugly zombie and a bunch of others, they all end up at a Halloween party and because of the holiday no one knows that they are not alive. Anyone know wtf I'm talking about?

Wut? We old friends? I vaguely remember that too.

Remember when ya'll were kids and you would mention a movie but get kinda scared cos fuck that movie was scary? It's campy now but the critters poster used to scare the shit out of 10 year old me.

What was the style like?

The Midnight Hour

slit

Of course,

It gave us the first two Evil Deads, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Night of the Creeps, Day of the Dead. Fright Night, Nightmare on Elm St, Friday the 13th, Hellraiser, Child's Play, Poltergeist, Psycho 2, Sleepaway Camp, the list goes on and on.

What more could you ask for?

thefit

Hard Rock Zombies maybe? that was a really shit movie.

No its very much a Halloween 80's movie. The 50's blonde girl comes back and she's walking alone and meets a guy that is heading to the party, this is the romance part, the zombie zombies end up at the party and even dance with he girls there the midget zombie being part of the comedic relief.

EDIT: OH FUK THANK YOU BattleMonkey THATS IT!!!

harSon

Banned
There's definitely a wealth of forgotten gems within that specific era for the horror genre, particularly Slashers. Between the market being flooded with them at the time and a lot of them not being readily available after the transition from VHS to DVD, there's just a ton out there...

There seems to be a recent trend of remaking a lot of the lesser known Slashers as of late too. Maniac, My Bloody Valentine, Stage Fright, Silent Night, Prom Night, Night of the Demons, etc.

Kevin

Loved the 80s horror era and that is exactly what we are missing today. There is an indie horror film coming out later this month called, "The Demon's Rook" that reminds me of 80's era horror movies. Anyways here's a trailer:

http://youtu.be/GshKaO5QFR4

8034576_orig.jpg

Please let it be good...

I'd like to recomend 2 overlooked gems
TerrorVisionPoster.jpg

The movie reeks 80's, from the girl's fashion, to the mom using aerobics thong inside the house. It's fun and cheesy
51TkCvA-hmL.jpg

Not a horror movie at 100% but still fun as hell.

inm8num2

There's a nice documentary about the rise and fall of slasher films. Recommended!

Oh, gotta give a shout out to House of the Devil. It wasn't made in the 80s, but it sure as hell is a treat for fans of 80s horror.

220px-The_House_of_the_Devil.jpg

CD'S BAR

There's a nice documentary about the rise and fall of slasher films. Recommended!

Oh, gotta give a shout out to House of the Devil. It wasn't made in the 80s, but it sure as hell is a treat for fans of 80s horror.

220px-The_House_of_the_Devil.jpg

watched this about a month ago. was really impressed. great acting, great pacing, really nicely shot. good soundtrack as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom