• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon ORAS Livestream - NicoNico - October 2nd

JoeM86

A special livestream for Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire has been announced. This livestream is an Autumn Special and runs on October 2nd from 18:00 JST to 01:00 JST. It will feature gameplay of the original games as well as brand new information on the new versions. Kosuke from App Bank will be playing the originals.

Times
Japan: 18:00 - 01:00
UK: 10:00 - 17:00
EDT: 05:00 - 12:00
PDT: 02:00 - 09:00
t1412240400z0.png

Stream Link: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv194212576

Can't wait

JoeM86

Hope some good info comes out of this.

Well, the Japanese variety show Pokémon Get☆TV is promising to have "the latest information" on ORAS in their episode on October 5th, with it specifying it has important information on Rayquaza...

TaiKH92

Banned
Have they announced the return of the battle frontier? If not, they better do it there... can't wait for the news
cause no way I'll watch the whole thing XD

botty

Banned
what more could be revealed :|

Hopefully game freak spent a significant amount of time on post game content >_>

JoeM86

Sorry for the double post

Ahead of the stream tomorrow, Nintendo Japan put out a press release giving some details of the stream, which runs for 7 hours from 18:00 JST to 01:00 JST. This stream will mostly be a playthrough of various aspects of the original Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire, but it has been announced that, at 00:00 JST on October 3rd, in the final hour of the steam, some new and surprising information will be revealed. This will be 16:00 BST, 17:00 CEST, 11:00 EDT and 08:00 PDT.

Macka

The reveals are happening at the end of the stream, right?

Why the hell would they reveal stuff at midnight in Japan? Isn't the primary audience of Pokemon still young kids?

Why the hell would they reveal stuff at midnight in Japan? Isn't the primary audience of Pokemon still young kids?
I don't think little kids are going to watch a let's play Pokemon RS livestresam you can barely see the gameplay over the lololololololololol...(I know you can turn it off)

They're more likely to watch Pokemon Sunday though.

It is an interesting split audience Nintendo suffer from. You have little kids and college aged young adults as the players.

MegaMelon

Young kids mainly use Pokemon Gettv on Sundays, which usually has the same info as Corocoro or whatever new info that has been revealed. Still, 12pm is a retarded time to start the new info, especially on a Friday.

Macka

Fair enough, but it still seems odd for the reveals to be so late on a Friday night.

As for what the reveals could be...something that has stood out to me over the past few months is that in all of the trailers for ORAS, the (fully evolved) Pokemon featured in them have either already been revealed to have a Mega Evolution or were later confirmed to get one. As in, some of them showed up in trailers and then were later revealed to have a Mega Evolution.

For example, in the trailer where Mega Altaria, Salamence and Lopunny are revealed, Altaria battles a Shiftry, Salamence fights a Torkoal and Lopunny is against a Sableye (which already has a confirmed Mega). In the most recent trailer for Mega Camerupt, Sharpedo, Gallade as well as the reveal for the 'harsh' weather, Groudon fights a Milotic, Kyogre battles a Slowking, Sharpedo fights a Dusknoir and Gallade is against a Shiftry again. Rayquaza also battles a Salamence (which is another confirmed Mega).

Before this, all new Mega Evolution reveals were shown battling against the Mega Evolved starters. That said, I'm pretty sure Sableye was in the trailer that the Mega Starters were revealed, and I remember seeing Ludicolo and Slowbro in one of the videos as well, but I can't seem to find it at the moment. I also recall Altaria making an appearance earlier when contests were revealed.

My point is (and I could very easily be reading too much into this), that maybe Nintendo are hinting at which Pokemon are going to get Mega Evolutions by showing them in the trailers long before their Mega Evolutions get announced? Which would point to Shiftry, Torkoal, Milotic, Slowking and Dusknoir at the very least, all of which make sense to receive Mega forms anyway.

JoeM86

They often update their official site with new info at midnight. Practically every month, now, in fact. Happened last month.

Gives the kids something cool to wake up to, as well.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Kinda annoyed that this is a Japan only thing, really seem backward considering X and Y had a worldwide release, though not that it matters since I will be at work on that day. -_-;

Oh well I can catch up on the information on a certain website that has a time travelling Pokémon as their mascot. ;)

JoeM86

Kinda annoyed that this is a Japan only thing, really seem backward considering X and Y had a worldwide release, though not that it matters since I will be at work on that day. -_-;

Oh well I can catch up on the information on a certain website that has a time travelling Pokémon as their mascot. ;)

To be fair, things like this happened last year.

Pokémon Origins aired in Japan on October 2nd 2013 (oh hey, exactly a year before this) and revealed Mega Charizard X. Shortly after it was revealed there, TPCi sent out press releases. Later that week, a Japanese magazine revealed Aromatisse & Slurpuff and a PR came soon after too.

If there's new info here, and there will be, it's extremely likely there will be an English release about it.

J@hranimo

Banned
Oh wow, I forgot this was going to happen!

Now I have to stay up even later to see some exclusive footage of the best remakes :)

Top Bottom