• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Starting the party early: Official Tetris DS topic

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
For friend code sharing + discussion. The party can begin, now that my copy finally arrived in the mail :D

I'll have short impressions later... it arrived this afternoon and chewed up an alarming amount of my workday so for now I gotta get back to work.

Can those of us journos (or anyone else, I suppose), who have a copy try to be on tonight and subsequent nights at on/around the same time? I think there's many less prerelease copies of Tetris floating around than there were kart becacuse I can't get matched with ANYONE right now. I wanna get my 4P wifi on, dammit.

Can we shoot for like 7PST/10EST? Try to be on then, and search for 4P standard games.

Friend codes (I'll keep updated):

GDJustin

Kobun

Crankypants

Luminadas

NintyGal:
3934-8364-1301

If my copy is there when I get in, I'll be happy to engage in a few friendly rounds... Cannot wait... that is if I can get my good for nothing router working.

methodman

Banned
Questions about Wi- Fi:

Can you chat to eachother or is it just like Mario Kart?

How many people over the Wi-Fi connection thing? Just 4?

thanks, can't wait to get this.

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Memles said:
Based on Future Shop (CDN), it's looking like $30 US.

Damn... normally, that wouldn't be much of a problem, but I've got so much stuff ordered this month... looks like Tetris DS might have to wait until next month. :(

From the other thread, I want to know:

In
classic mode

CAN YOU CHOSE TO ONLY SEE ONE ADVANCE BLOCK INSTEAD OF 6???????

Are both
classic
music a and b in....?

Also....are the colors selectable, like on
GBC
?

jamesinclair said:

In
classic mode

Are both
classic
music a and b in....?

GBC
?

Why are you spoiler tagging?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
jamesinclair said:

In
classic mode

Are both
classic
music a and b in....?

GBC
?
Why didn't you tag that we can see 6 blocks in advance? You've ruined the game for me!!!!!

GDJustin

He's spoiler tagging b/c all the stuff spoiler tagged is unlockable.

When I know the answers to those questions, I'll give them.

In Tetris DS there's wifi for 2P "push" mode, 2P standard, and 4P standard w/ items. You can search for any random player, or you can invite people from your friend roster to play. There's also a ranking system... when you're 0/0 you're at 5000.

GDJustin

You also earn "tetris points" through playing all single player modes. I have 1369 at the moment. You can't spend them, they just accumulate.

The game tracks records, but no no stats, beyond wifi wins/losses. I wish it tracked stats. In like 2 years I wanna see how many lines I've cleared, how many Tetris's performed, etc.

RE4 vs. SH4 said:
It's a sad, sad day when people consider unlockables to be spoilers.

Looking forward to more impressions. Thanks, Justin.

I prefer to go on the safe side. :)

Thanks for the answers. Dissapointing, but oh well.

Ill have to stick some paper on my screen to cover the 6 advance blocks.

GDJustin

It is time. If anyone else is able, search for 4P games. As much as I like Kobun I'd like to keep this from being a Kohler/Davis Tetris love-in.

jgkspsx

Yeah, so the IGN review didn't mention any classic music or graphics. The internets hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest.

(I'm still hoping!)

GDJustin

We had three good games then someone dropped and I got booted to matchmaking and can't find anyone now :(

japtor

GDJustin said:
In Tetris DS there's wifi for 2P "push" mode, 2P standard, and 4P standard w/ items
you cant turn the items off in 4p? 2p standard is the only regular no item tetris online then?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PhoenixDark said:
Walmart has it marked at $30! :D

I think I can end my Walmart boycott for Tetris..
I'll wait to see how much Zellers wants since they've had some great deals lately. This week they're selling the slim PS2 for $130 CAD, or $110 CAD after trade and save.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Once again, I declare my desire for this game. I really need to get admitted back into the legitimate gaming press...

(David returns to conniving...)

GDJustin

We're having a repeat tonight, boys and girls.

Anyone who has a copy, PLEASE try to be on at 7PST, 10EST. And search for 4P games. I wanna play more than three rounds this time. :)

Top Bottom