• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RIVE (PC, Wii U, PS4, XB1) - Pure Gameplay trailer

L~A

Looks pretty intense. Interested.

Yup, looks like they decided to go in the total opposite direction compared to their previous game.

Bright colours (TT2) > Much "darker" colours (RIVE)
Slow-pace, puzzles > Fast-paced, frantic action
Animal > robots

Needham

This is going to be an actual action game with real levels, right? It's not secretly another Metroid style game I hope.

TheMoon

Looks ace! Hype!

Yup, looks like they decided to go in the total opposite direction compared to their previous game.

Bright colours (TT2) > Much "darker" colours (RIVE)
Slow-pace, puzzles > Fast-paced, frantic action
Animal > robots

And I bet had TT2 looked like this, it would've been way more successful. I feel a lot of people dismissed it as a baby game or something because of how it looked (despite looking gorgeous).

Is it just me or does this look a bit like Scram Kitty?

Not at all. Have you played it? Aside from the spherical shape of the player character there's nothing similar. In RIVE you're not able to stick to any surface and you can aim in full 360° ...it's like comparing Mario with Uncharted.

GKFinns

Games like this are why I am such a huge believer in indie titles and smaller downloadable games. Most of my favorite games of this year have been downloadable only. Looking forward to this next year, as well as a bunch of people confusing RIVE with RIME

Looks pretty good. Hopefully they can make that early 2015 release date. Toki Tori 2 was delayed pretty heavily on Wii U, which I think hurt its sales.

TheMoon

I really don't see the comparisons to Scram Kitty lol. And I love that game. Nobody compared Gears of War to P.N.03 either. That said, again, I can't wait to play this lol.

epmode

This looks ridiculous. I've had a soft spot for Two Tribes since they released that excellent PC version of Toki Tori and it's great to see them branching away from puzzle games.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Demo playthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23SUqJWYWiQ

This is going to be an actual action game with real levels, right? It's not secretly another Metroid style game I hope.

I believe you'll pick levels from a hub and that there are ability/mobility upgrades, but there's also a scoring system and scores for each level, so I guess it's kinda like Megaman Zero or something? It's definitely not a straight shooter, at any rate.

Top Bottom