• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 demo available on the Nintendo eShop (NA & EU)

Scoops

Banned
Never played a Bayo game but I feel like I need to get this as a WiiU owner. Game has looked fantastic.

Downloading now.

Because there's no way I'm gonna remember anything, and I'm kinda falling into the trap of doing the same attacks.
I'm not particularly good at Bayonetta, but I just find some bread-and-butter combos that differ in function and memorize those (e.g. dash attack, launching attack, highest damaging combo...). Takes some time to remember even just that much, but learning is what makes Bayonetta so fun and what differentiates it from many other games.

Wow. I've never really been a fan of Bayonetta. Played the original demo on the 360 but didn't care much for it.

Playing this demo however was amazing. So over the top and it's awesome.

I'm really considering getting this. Would I need to play the original to follow the story and characters?

My impression of the demo:
953496_600.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*plays through* Yep, that was pretty damn awesome.
*only gets Bronze* Definitely going to need to git gud (too used to Wonderful 101)

I liked how they added that little tutorial at the beginning. Seems like a way of making up for 101's "throwing you into the fire with no help" demo.

Riki

Wow. I've never really been a fan of Bayonetta. Played the original demo on the 360 but didn't care much for it.

I'm really considering getting this. Would I need to play the original to follow the story and characters?
You get both games with the physical purchase of 2 as it is.
It's probably better if you play 1 first but not needed.

Peltz

As exciting as that sounds, I think I will skip the demo. I want my first Bayonetta 2 experience to be a long one, without interruption, on the full retail product.

Other than Vanquish, I don't enjoy Platinum's demos for some reason, even though I love the full games from which such demos are excerpted. I'm specifically referring to W101 and Bayo1 (Xbox 360 version).

narton

I'm not particularly good at Bayonetta, but I just find some bread-and-butter combos that differ in function and memorize those (e.g. dash attack, launching attack, highest damaging combo...). Takes some time to remember even just that much, but learning is what makes Bayonetta so fun and what differentiates it from many other games.

How does one determine what the highest damaging combos are?

Fandangox

Well, nooot really, but the game comes with the first game anyways.

thefro

The game comes with Bayonetta 1 included, as you probably know.

I think Kamiya has recommended playing the 1st game to be up to date on the story, but IMHO, the story wasn't that great in the first game anyway.

impact

Banned
I wish my wii u would turn on and tell me this was available instead of showing me stupid Hyrule Warriors every day. DOWNLOADING!!!

How does one determine what the highest damaging combos are?

Strings that end in Wicked Weaves (the moves where you see a big hand, foot, sword, etc.) usually do more damage. You can use the dodge offset system to keep a string going while dodging attacks. It's kind of tricky to explain but let's say you want to do PPPPP for the finisher at the end: At any point during the string if you must dodge an attack, just hold down the punch button and hit dodge while doing so. This essentially stores the previous inputs and allows you to continue the string from where you left off.

There's a lot of systems from Devil May Cry as well, so concepts like jump canceling, enemy step canceling, etc. are pretty relevant to this game as well.

OryoN

I'm not very good at Bayonetta I'm afraid. Got the Stone Medal on the first try (which is after Bronze I think).

It's very cool, makes you feel very powerful but it's also very chaotic. It's basically randomly button mashing and in between catch the moment where you have to press the Evade button.

I'll do it again soon and see if I can be more strategic, but gameplay wise, it's not as stunning as graphics wise.

So you're playing a P* action game, which you claim is basically just random button mashing, and you end up with the lowest medal in the game. Now how did that happen? :p

If you want to follow story then I would play the first. I watched enough of the JP streams to know that.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Platinum was right, the first boss of this game is basically the last boss in any other game.

Yeah, the first major boss would be a great final boss in any other game. I was superexcited after that fight.

But then, the score recap reminded me this was just THE PROLOGUE OF THE GAME.

Top Bottom