• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8: Excitebike Arena confirmed for 1st DLC

L~A

B1C74h6IQAAwk5u.jpg:large

B1C8GmGIIAE0K9r.jpg:large
B1C8KBZCcAAQDJp.jpg:large
B1C8IglCEAEICO6.jpg:large

B1C8KfNCcAIcgwM.jpg:large
B1C8H9LCQAAeUVZ.jpg:large

Excitebike Arena is part of the 1st DLC pack coming to Mario Kart 8 next month!

In Excitebike Arena the location of ramps and speed boosts change every time in regular races!

Bring your bike of choice to the starting grid for the most authentic experience, but beware - the location of ramps and speed boosts change every time you race! (Except on Time Trials, of course!)

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_b4o8kphRc&feature=youtu.be

JoeM86

In Excitebike Arena the location of ramps and speed boosts change every time in regular races!

Bring your bike of choice to the starting grid for the most authentic experience, but beware - the location of ramps and speed boosts change every time you race! (Except on Time Trials, of course!)

Aww yeah

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I may consider leaving the track layout a surprise. We will be getting it next month after all.

Still, just from the image they are still going all out with these DLC tracks.

EDIT: This was posted when there was only one pic in the OP.

Robin64

Huh. Baby Park layout, with longer straights and jumps, it seems.

Edit: Oh wow, the boosts, jumps and obstacles are randomised!

Kinsei

Banned
That looks pretty boring. The only things that made Baby Park fun were the giant bananas and Bowser shells, both of which are absent in this game.

awww yeah, Baby Park with ramps, i'm in

Which makes it way better than Baby Park. With that said, track looks great. Both aesthetically and with all of the different jumps. Though I was hoping for some morphing tracks switches like in Excite Bike World Rally.

Regiruler

I may consider leaving the track layout a surprise. We will be getting it next month after all.

Still, just from the image they are still going all out with these DLC tracks.

EDIT: This was posted when there was only one pic in the OP.

Lucky for you, the track layout is always a surprise apparently.

vareon

Huh, an ever-changing track! Cool to me, not sure how the competitive guys feel though.

An inch closer to becoming Nintendo Kart, eh?

Paskil

Is it staying true to Excitebike and also letting you build your own track? If not, boo I say, boo. Pretty cool though. Can't wait until I get a WiiU on the cheap. Had my eyes out for one for the last month or so now.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
This is not really like Baby Park apart from being an oval. Sounds really neat though.

Just a shame the DLC is going to release so close to Smash, I feel like I'm not really going to give it as much attention as I'd like.

Top Bottom