• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guy makes fan film,sees Uncharted 4 in action: "Almost scary real, photo realistic”

valkyre

Martin saw Uncharted 4 – “Never seen anything like it. Almost scary real, photo realistic.”

Making a fan film about Uncharted can get you places. It can even get you a tour of the Naughty Dog studio and an exclusive first look atUncharted 4: A Thief’s End. This is exactly what Martin Sofiedal just did and he’s pretty impressed at what he saw

.- I got to see some pretty raw stuff from the new game, including drawings of planned action sequences and how all the characters look like now with upgraded graphics. It was almost scary to see Sully as an almost living person. I also got to see a few seconds of the opening scene, which is still under development, but already looking incredible.”Martin Sofiedal

Martin goes on and compares the graphical leap as PlayStation 2 to a Pixar movie.

They showed some tests where Drake was going through a bit of tall grass and how every straw reacted to his movements while also responding to the wind. It was crazy. I’ve never seen anything like it.

http://www.psmania.net/2014/11/mart...ng-like-it-almost-scary-real-photo-realistic/

Please lock if old.

AsfaeksBR

QpE25Rs.gif

Can't wait!

IHaveIce

Banned
An Uncharted fan is hyped beyond belief after seeing the new Uncharted. Who would guess.

Let us wait for a real reveal, UC3 was not very good.
and people underestimate Pixargraphics

Sounds good, but a grain of salt is to be taken with news from a superfan making a fanfilm about a franchise...

It's not like he's saying anything crazy. There was never any doubt that Uncharted 4 was going to melt faces graphically. Though the Pixar statement was pretty bold.

Ps2 to Pixar leap. If thats the case, jaws will drop and shatter to pieces. Also, dude's lucky, he got to go ND studios just from making a lil fan film.

StuBurns

Banned
Fandom warps minds. I'm sure it looks great, better than anything on consoles, but scary real would surprise me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dude looks like a douche i don't believe him.

eb80ff954790efe0b0b4f52f47f14842.jpeg

HYPE!

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
HYPE!

Don't know what's worse, GAFs irrational hatred of UC3 or GAFs irrational love of Vanquish

I Love Vanquish

I very vaguely remember an old tweet about a character moving through tall grass, maybe about 1 year ago, the implication was it was U4. I can't remember who wrote it :p

Eggbok

An Uncharted fan is hyped beyond belief after seeing the new Uncharted. Who would guess.

and people underestimate Pixargraphics

Isn't the guy that did Uncharted 2 doing 4? It's in good hands.

Seanspeed

Banned
Hardcore fan gushes over series he loves shocker!

Game will undoubtedly look amazing either way, though. Just hope they really do take the 60fps thing seriously.

DieH@rd

Banned
Google translate of the original article has this sentence also:
"He further explains that the scene he saw was in a cave where the "lights and shadows were completely raw""

This probably means that lightning is real-time and not pre-baked.

Top Bottom