• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ubisoft launches live blog to address AC Unity issues, next update detailed

chadskin

As announced on Twitter:

Please visit our Live Updates blog for info on how our team is addressing the issues #ACUnity players are reporting: http://assassinscreed.com/liveupdates

Also, they've detailed some of the changes and improvements future updates will bring:

In this blog post, we wanted to touch on the fixes to the game that we’re working on right now.

First, as a quick reminder, a Day 1 update has already been released which fixes a number of issues. Make sure your console or PC is connected to the internet to benefit from the update’s fixes.

We are currently working on our next update that will help address some of the specific issues some players are having, including:

• Arno falling through the ground.
  • Game crashing when joining a co-op session.
  • Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.
  • Delay in reaching the main menu screen at game start.

In addition, we are already looking into many of the other issues you’ve told us about and we have more updates planned. This list doesn’t capture everything, but here are the most widely-reported problems we’ve heard about from you:

• Frame rate issues.
  • Graphical and collision issues.
  • Matchmaking co-op issues.
  • Helix Credits issues.

We will be providing additional details in the coming days, so check back for updates. In the meantime, please continue to send us your feedback, and leave a comment if you have any questions for us.

-The AC Live Updates Team

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/news_detail.aspx?c=tcm:152-184353-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

RoKKeR

11/11/14 was an ugly day for AAA games, but it's good to see both teams are already working on fixing finishing their games.

First, as a quick reminder, a Day 1 update has already been released which fixes a number of issues

Wow, this game without the patch must have been horrid. I also like how they say issues "players are reporting" as if their own internal testing isn't having the issues either. It is just so hard to take anything these devs say about this game.

They should have been working on framerate issues already, instead of working on them since it is one of the most reported issues. They knew the framerate was crap. However, at least they have addressed these issues the game is having, and I am anxious to see what they are able to fix.

They forgot to thank everyone for beta testing the game for them.

So the very first update didn't fix shit, a second update fixes some things but we will wait for more major update for the bigger issues to be fixed... by then the game will be at half the price.

Good luck Ubi. I'm counting on you I guess.

"By the way, thanks for the money and go screw yourselves."

Hopefully people are more careful with Ubisoft games in the future, now that it's more obvious that they don't care about performance out the gate so long as they get that money.

Grimsen

I'll probably be done with the game by the time this comes out. Too late, Ubi.

I'm not having a bad time with the game, but it's definitely not a keeper, as opposed to Black Flag, which I loved.

Evo X

I'm really enjoying the game and haven't had any glitches or crashes, but I still might wait for a patch to continue playing.

Sayad

Hopefully the game is dirt cheap by the time they're done fixing it, I heard the gameplay is an improvement over previous ACs, would love to give the series another try.

watershed

Banned
I really dislike this practice. They've launched a page to tell us when updates will come to fix problems they knew about all along but ignored. Too little too late.

Hyunashi

Good for the people who have the game. It has been a train-wreck ever since the whole 'parity' statement so I am happy I choose a better alternative to spend my money with. Its a shame since Black Flag was actually enjoyable for me.

duckroll

We are currently working on our next update that will help address some of the specific issues some players are having, including:

• Arno falling through the ground.
  • Game crashing when joining a co-op session.
  • Arno getting caught inside of hay carts.
  • Delay in reaching the main menu screen at game start.

Roflmao. AC:U sounds like the Daggerfall for a whole new generation.

Ubisoft: Please fix the broken Companion app too, please. After I got the premium version it resynced to my Uplay account, resetting everything (which is alright) but then it grayed out the ability to hire assassins. So now it's stuck in training mode and I can't progress. The app actually grew on me and I started to enjoy it before that point :(. It's neat.

There is no way they ever get a fractions of this games problems fixed. It's easily the buggiest game I've ever played. Luckily I haven't had anything game breaking, but it's just constant little glitches everywhere. I find it mind boggling that they thought it was good enough to ship. But, I guess it has to be out before Black Friday and that's all there is to it.

Wow I didn't thint they would react so quickly. Day one sales must be lower than what they expected.

I'm sure initial sales are fine. But, this is an annual brand, so they have to control the anger as much as possible so next years title doesn't suffer.

ttech10

Did they not mention anything about the weird NPC texture switching or how they random appear on top of things, or did I completely miss that?

They need to fix that before I even consider buying this game and even then, it needs to drop in price to below $20.

Soooo wait and buy it in a year when its $20 and the updates have fixed everything?

A year? I got Black Flag a little over a month after release for $30.

tbm24

Yeah no thanks Ubisoft, that's not how it works.

This is how it should work in this case. They acknowledge issues with the game and work to fix it. So as much as people would like to shit on Ubisoft some more, this announcement is only a good thing.

jackdoe

I'm hoping that Unity and its season pass sales are so well below internal projections that they actually do something about the framerate (and maybe bump the resolution if they have the chance). Cause Ubi sure didn't give a shit when they released any AC on the PS3.

Well, to be fair since I've been pretty critical... at least they're trying...

But seriously, if a lot of this could be hotfixed or patched in 1-2 days... why not just delay the fucking game 1-2 days? Did they just not QA this at all?

Top Bottom