• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | November II 2014 - Autumn Sale starts the 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

milena87

Time to clean out my inventory in prep for the sale.

That's an amazing giveaway. There'll be lots of happy people for sure ;)

Anyway, Friday night I started DAI with another character, because something about the jaw of my previous one kept bothering me :p
I almost mastered the combat out in open areas. The tactical camera keeps getting stuck in trees or something and I still dislike not being able to select more than 1 party member at once and having the camera always centering back on the character I select, instead of staying where I tell it to (but apparently this is a bug).
Combat inside buildings is still a nightmare, but I'm managing.

Nightmare difficulty is great so far. The lesser terrors from the rifts are the enemies I struggle with the most, since they apparently can't be taunted effectively, and of course I haven't tried a dragon yet. I saw one, but I was level 4, so I guess I'll come back later :p

I finally got 2 new companions last night (one is crazy, though, I'm kinda scared), so I'll try to mix up my party a bit :D

damn i was just at a friend's house and he was like when are you gonna get a ps4 and now i kinda want one

and a cool mechanical keyboard that does clicky sounds and a new computer that can candle dual monitors and a wii u to play bayo

-___-

maybe one that looks to where avatars are supposed to look

with fox ears
What's the issue here? Clicky sounds will make your life complete.

Benedict

I thought I was ready for Winter Sale, but now that I think about it... I don't think I am.
Will I overspend? most likely..

Also, it's time to find a new avatar.

113px-Nina_-_Character_Select_-_T1.png

Anteater

damn i was just at a friend's house and he was like when are you gonna get a ps4 and now i kinda want one

and a cool mechanical keyboard that does clicky sounds and a new computer that can candle dual monitors and a wii u to play bayo

-___-

i think xb1 will be great for scalebound, the vita remote play is really cool too

my friend bugs me to get a ps4 and destiny like every other day, i really hope he gets bored of that game soon because i'd rather finish those dozen fpses I have never played

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
How demanding is Wolfenstein on PC?
Will I be able to run it OK on my:

Core2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
8,00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Or is it better waiting for a sale on PS4?

I went through it just fine on:
Intel i5-760 (Quadcore, something like 2.8GHz)
4GB RAM
GeForce GTX 470

You'll be able to run it on high but not max settings. I tried downsampling it from 1.5 my normal resolution (1920x1200), but found the capped 48FPS to be less enjoyable after playing it at 60. Which is a shame, because it looks really nice downsampled.

I had 1280mb of vram and still got quite a bit of texture pop in as it scaled between high and low res textures just panning the camera around. It wasn't super distracting, but I imagine it could bother some people.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Between community move and a new thread, it's easy to lose track of SteamGAF.

I didn't realise there was a sale coming, so thanks for the title.

Benedict

I went through it just fine on:
Intel i5-760 (Quadcore, something like 2.8GHz)
4GB RAM
GeForce GTX 470

You'll be able to run it on high but not max settings. I tried downsampling it from 1.5 my normal resolution (1920x1200), but found the capped 48FPS to be less enjoyable after playing it at 60. Which is a shame, because it looks really nice downsampled.

I had 1280mb of vram and still got quite a bit of texture pop in as it scaled between high and low res textures just panning the camera around. It wasn't super distracting, but I imagine it could bother some people.

yeah. I'll be playing at 1080p.

How demanding is Wolfenstein on PC?
Will I be able to run it OK on my:

Core2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz
8,00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

Or is it better waiting for a sale on PS4?

Going by my experience with the game I don't think that will be enough to run it well. My advice would be to go with the PS4 version.

AHA-Lambda

This sale comes at a horrible time since I'm now tempted to get a Wii U along with Smash Bros ^^.

Tell me about it, I'm paying off my new PC build right now and yet this thread strangely keeps tempting me to get a WiiU :/

Edit: just noticed it but damn why is Pillars of Eternity so expensive? D:

MadGear

Awesome giveaway by Fuzzi.

Bought Binary Domain on GMG. Playfire money gone again.

I really enjoyed that game despite some of its quirks. Just do yourself a favor and play it with a gamepad because mouse controls in that game are really bizarre (slow mouse movements translate to faster crosshair movements and vice versa).

Shadownet

Banned
But I like the current one :)

I do too, but it's time to get into the festive spirit with something holiday-like.

Oh I just noticed one of the perk in How To Survive is "Daryl Style" lol it's a perk that let you build a crossbow.

Dat reference.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think xb1 will be great for scalebound, the vita remote play is really cool too

my friend bugs me to get a ps4 and destiny like every other day, i really hope he gets bored of that game soon because i'd rather finish those dozen fpses I have never played

yea like

if i had money i prolyl would buy all of em

But I gotta be edgy and go against society.

I'll see what I can do.
iomEac2rMLK48.gif

hahah pls

you're not edgy

and i say dat as a complicment

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PAYDAY 2 Lycanwulf and The One Below Masks -- MB-DD38F21E9B76C68B - Taken by Chreznor. 1 entrants total.
Home -- MB-67467CABE98C7B2B - Taken by Divius. 1 entrants total.
Teleglitch Die More Edition -- MB-32C49EFE85293E5E - Taken by okiemok. 2 entrants total.
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet -- MB-DD72189AC6C93DFD - Taken by Sch1sm. 2 entrants total.

t1416747844z1.png

Shadownet

Banned
Ground Zeroes?
I can't be excited for this as I already beat it on PS3. But I guess most of the people on SteamGAF haven't play it yet. I'm more excited for Phantom Pain, but that's a given between the two.

If my heart had wings is the only one that looks interesting to me in the near future.
Is that a normal visual novel? or is it one of those... *cough* "Steamy" one.

Omg, Tera Online is coming to Steam :D I might jump back in.

I can't be excited for this as I already beat it on PS3. But I guess most of the people on SteamGAF haven't play it yet. I'm more excited for Phantom Pain, but that's a given between the two.

Is that a normal visual novel? or is it one of those... *cough* "Steamy" one.

I think steam version is the all ages version :(

Uzzy

You know me too well.

Anyway, what game is GAF highly anticipated for? a couple weeks ago it was VC.

I know Raven's Cry is coming out soon? I haven't heard much about it.

This year? I'm most looking forward to Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Then there's Pillars of Eternity coming at the start of next year, which will take up all my time.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Tell me about it, I'm paying off my new PC build right now and yet this thread strangely keeps tempting me to get a WiiU :/

Edit: just noticed it but damn why is Pillars of Eternity so expensive? D:

Early Kickstarter backers got the game for $20, later backers for $25, "slacker backers" (post-Kickstarter backers) for $35 and finally regular pre-purchasers for $45 minus a 10% pre-purchase discount. You snooze, you lose. ;)

Shadownet

Banned
I think steam version is the all ages version :(
Is that a deal breaker for you?

This year? I'm most looking forward to Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. Then there's Pillars of Eternity coming at the start of next year, which will take up all my time.
*high five* I preordered Temple of Osiris a long time ago. I can't wait either. I should finish Temple of Light before it come though.

I saw a gameplay video of Pillars of Eternity. It kinda look like a diablo-ish game? I'm not 100% sure how to categorize it.

Ugh, Raven's Cry is all that I can look forward to for end of 2014 for the PC.
Its so weird that the game is coming out soon yet I can't find a single gameplay video of it. There's a 3 months old gameplay trailer but that is it.

Its hard to be hype for something with so little info.

MadGear

Gameforge ruined that game for me :/ I really enjoyed the game due to its gameplay and while it really lacks a compelling quest design, fighting BAMs only with a friend was a lot of fun (I played priest he played a mage). In a way this game also ruined me for tab targeting mmos, i just don't want to go back to that style of gameplay anymore.
However gameforge has to be the shittiest MMO-provider ever. Ridiculous expensive pricing structure, unstable servers and the worst customer support ever. They also banned a couple of players for openly complaining about service issues (without insulting anyone), they are just that shitty.

You know guys and gals here, I am a bit happy I've found SteamGAF. Finding a fellow legit PC gamer in my country is tough, usually MOBA and F2P games rule here. I usually find building a rig, managing multiple accounts a bit intimidating. It doesn't help that games here DON'T GO ON SALE. EVER. Add to that the PC gaming = piracy heaven mode here. It doesn't help that the few PC gamers I find are so into the "PC MASTER RACE" mentality so I really was struggling to pursue PC gaming. So finding a group where I can find deals on a seemingly pricey hobby really helped me, especially since I have a very tight budget for everything. A group that you can talk games with no salestalk included, post reviews of their games helps.

Sorry if I ask a bit more questions than usual, since I am used to the easier life of just owning a console and buy what I want. While I can't post regularly due to a hectic work-school life, I'll try to minimize the offtopic chatter. Sorry for the bad English sometimes too, I try to fix them but being a non-native speaker, I don't know if I've made some occasionally.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Autumn sale and winter sale have the same discounts? Might wait for the winter one then to ensure full cooperation in whatever meta game they run this time around. It'll give me more time to build up store credit too.

Uzzy

*high five* I preordered Temple of Osiris a long time ago. I can't wait either. I should finish Temple of Light before it come though.

I saw a gameplay video of Pillars of Eternity. It kinda look like a diablo-ish game? I'm not 100% sure how to categorize it.

Temple of Light was a wonderful surprise, and I really enjoyed playing that with a buddy on my 360. Hopefully Temple of Osiris will improve on that formula.

Pillars of Eternity is basically an updated Baldur's Gate/Infinity Engine game.

Autumn sale and winter sale have the same discounts? Might wait for the winter one then to ensure full cooperation in whatever meta game they run this time around. It'll give me more time to build up store credit too.

If I remember correctly yes, if during the autumn sale a game is xx% off usually if it's again for sale on christmas it should be xx% off

madjoki

Yes. I think it was in some leaked post last year, however there was some discounts that were changed (lowered).

Arthea

I went on spending spree this month for no reason that I can see, thus I'll try to skip Autumn sale and fast forward to Winter one. Let's see how that will work.
On the bright side of things, I don't need to buy anything, as in "not gonna to play this year", but we all know that this kind of logic hides under the table, when sale hits (><)

edited: almost forgot! nice thread, btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom