• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sanzaru (Sly 4, Sonic 3DS) hiring for new console (Unreal) and handheld (Unity) games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is generally the time of year a bunch of job postings for new projects go up (everything just shipped), so I've been gandering around and this one seemed like it might interest some people.

The console game seems to be for PS4/XB1 and the handheld project for Vita if we trust the platform sidebar (not always accurate), and it matches up with the engine choices.

These just went up this month, so they're presumably for new titles, as Sonic would have been gold by then.

Sanzaru said:
Designer

Sanzaru Games Inc. has an immediate Designer position working on console and handheld games. Only developers who want to craft immersive experiences and bring gameplay to life should apply.

Working knowledge of Unreal & Unity a big plus!

Platform Sidebar:
Playstation 4, Playstation Vita, Xbox One

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/designer-foster-city-california-27766

Character Artist

Creates characters, vehicles, and props to include modeling, mapping, collision, and tagging

Working knowledge of Unreal technology a plus!

Platform Sidebar:
Playstation 4, Xbox One

http://jobs.gamasutra.com/job/character-artist-foster-city-california-27769

Takao

Banned
Well, if they're hiring for handheld there's only one that currently supports Unity anyway.

It's good to see them get more work. Outside of Sonic I'm not sure what they'd be able to scrounge up that isn't mobile.

HUELEN10

Perhaps a new Sonic Boom game for those consoles? TV series seems to be shaping up well enough to give the brand at least some value.

I thought Sly 4 was a bit of a mixed bag but overall I enjoyed it and I'm interested in what it may be that these folks are working on now.

The notion that it could be a Vita game actually gets me excited.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, if they're hiring for handheld there's only one that currently supports Unity anyway.

It's good to see them get more work. Outside of Sonic I'm not sure what they'd be able to scrounge up that isn't mobile.

Perhaps a new Sonic Boom game for those consoles? TV series seems to be shaping up well enough to give the brand at least some value.

I'm kind of wondering if Sega was happy enough with the 3DS game that they handed the entire Sonic Boom series to them.

I bet the next Nintendo handheld will support Unity very well. And it's getting around that time again.

Especially if it's a Sonic game it would probably come to that as well (or only even given how the Vita is doing) given it would likely be a Fall 2016 title.

RK128

Great to see Sanzaru getting more work :D. They are a great developer and make some really fun games (I loved Sly 4 and they did a wonderful job porting the Sly Triolgy to Vita :)).

Regarding what this new project is.....I can guess two things.

The first is a Sly Cooper game to tie-in with the 2015 film. It can either be a sequel to Sly 4 (as was hinted in the ending of the game) or a re-telling of the movie's plot (sorta like how Ratchet Redux is handling things). I'm sure if that is the case, it will be awesome :D.

The second thing is....I suppose another Sonic Boom game? I know the 3DS game got horrid reviews like the Wii U game sadly :( (despite it looking to be the better of the two; at least Sanzaru knew they were making a Sonic game with the 3DS tittle....), but Sega must have liked it enough to put them on another game for the series or something....

If that is the case....I hope they use what they learned from making Sly 4 and Shattered Crystal to make a really fun Sonic tittle :). I mean, after seeing how BigRedButton made Rise of Lyric, they should know what works and doesn't work for a 3D platformer (damn shame how it turned out :(; development behind RoL seems to be very messy X().

Either way, can't wait to see what they are doing next :D.

Gray Matter

I hope they lied about no plans for another sly game. Thieves in time wasn't my favorite of the franchise but it was a solid game.

F4r0_Atak

I am wondering... why would people assume it's a Sly game (it's SCE-owned IP)? If you looks at the target platforms, hints seem to point to a multiplatform release, most likely with another publisher, possibly either Namco or SEGA.

Yeah it's definitely not a Sly game.
ibNDVEjBybjDf.png

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I just don't think the Unity one is it's a Vita only game, seems like a multiplat (ps4/x1/vita) going with the sidebar.

Possibly, but it's a designer job to work on both console titles and handheld titles. Not sure if they're the same game.

F4r0_Atak

I just don't think the Unity one is it's a Vita only game, seems like a multiplat (ps4/x1/vita) going with the sidebar.

Although, it could be possible they would be using Unity for the handheld version and Unreal for the home console version. Again, it could also be two different projects.

I don't really see the point of developing something in Unity just for it to be a Vita exclusive. They're certainly big enough to handle multiple projects at once though (they've worked on GoW Vita port; Sly Vita port & Sonic Boom in the past year) though, so I do have to wonder if there's a PS4/XB1 game on Unreal and then a Vita game on Unity.

Will be interested to see what comes from this anyway. I enjoyed Sly 4.

I am wondering... why would people assume it's a Sly game (it's SCE-owned IP)? If you looks at the target platforms, hints seem to point to a multiplatform release, most likely with another publisher, possibly either Namco or SEGA.

Well, two of the three platforms are Sony, so it's certainly possible they're working on something for them + something else as well. They've clearly got a working relationship with Sony too, since they've now handled 3 porting jobs and an original title for them.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I still can't get my head around the fact the same people that made Sly 4 also made Sonic Boom 3DS. Dafuq? Sly 4 was all kinds of awesome. Maybe Sega rushed them?

I hope this is Sly 5 despite them having said they aren't working on it.

Top Bottom