• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nate Wells joins Crystal Dynamics

Wow, you can actually smell trees up here. #crystaldynamics #firstday
P6PHrbQ.jpg

Too bad I don't care much for Lara Croft as a character. I'm all for more Uncharted/Tomb Raider style games don't get me wrong. Its just that I have Croft fatigue and I'd like to see a new face in the genre. I'm sure he will do excellent work though.

Didn't settle at Giant Sparrow then? Seems to be moving around quite a bit.

Good luck to him anyway and I'm sure this will help Crystal Dynamics be even more like Naughty Dog.

DonMigs85

So much potential for a new Gex game... There are so many shows and movies they can parody now since the last game. It's a shame the mascot platformer genre is essentially dead other than Mario and Sonic.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Did he got fired from ND because of this tweet?

2013-05-1612_22_39-twafulw.png

This was Straley's reaction.

ori2ginal45zqi.gif

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
That "smell the trees" line must be a joke.

Crystal Dynamics is based in one of the most disgusting office parks I've ever been to.

It is in the middle of a bunch of salt mines, a drained wetlands, a tire dump and a gypsum mine. The place is actually a superfund site, but George W Bush relaxed the laws so you're allowed to make people work on it, but you still aren't allowed to live on it.

It smells absolutely putrid, and there are often large dust storms of loose gypsum that whip around and gets into everything.

Here's a few shots:

dsc_9868.jpg

IMG_9004.JPG

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Crystal Dynamics is based in one of the most disgusting office parks I've ever been to.

It is in the middle of a bunch of salt mines, a drained wetlands, a tire dump and a gypsum mine. The place is actually a superfund site, but George W Bush relaxed the laws so you're allowed to make people work on it, but you still aren't allowed to live on it.

It smells absolutely putrid, and there are often large dust storms of loose gypsum that whip around and gets into everything.

Here's a few shots:

dsc_9868.jpg

IMG_9004.JPG

but i can see trees.

Accoun

- I can smell the trees
- Where?
- In my mind's nose.

Maybe that's why he was suprised in the tweet? :p

Muffdraul

Nate Wells can't stay at a job it seems.

Bouncing around everywhere.

He stayed at Irrational for about 15 years, not sure what year he started but he was there for System Shock 2 from the beginning, so at least 1998 if not earlier. In a perfect world Irrational would still exist and he'd still be the head of the art dept.

Top Bottom